Northrop Grumman Mgr Mechanical Engineering 2/Execution Manager 4/10 Shift in Palmdale, California
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Candidate will lead a multifaceted Production Engineering team consisting of approximately 35 Liaison, Materials and Processes, Stress, Design Structure & Subsystem Engineers.
Candidate will be responsible for directing and setting daily priorities for the Production Engineering team to support program schedule.
Candidate will assign daily priorities for the Production Engineering team (Nonconformances, Engineering Change Requests (ECR), Okay to Move lists, etc.)
Candidate will be responsible to understand all Production Engineering tasks and briefing upper program management on their status daily.
Candidate will be responsible for identifying and removing obstacles the Production Engineering team may encounter while performing their daily tasks.
Candidate will work closely with the Production Engineering CAM and is responsible for ensuring their team is performing within program budget constraints and identifying any cost saving activities to help reduce cost.
Candidate will identify lesson learned items and ensure they are implemented on subsequent builds.
Candidate will be responsible for working with functional homeroom managers to ensure their team is staffed appropriately/
Candidate will perform daily Scrum meetings with their team.
• Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university, minimum of 9 years of engineering experience or Master's Degree and 7 years of experience.
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
• Excellent communication skills and experience leading projects or teams
• Experience with the Material Review Board process for nonconforming parts/materials.
• Experience identifying repair methods for nonconformances.
• Experience or knowledge of 3D modeling design software
• Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university, minimum of 5 years of engineering experience, or PhD with 9 years of experience.
• Active Secret DOD Security Clearance (last investigation date within 6 years)
• Experience with NX, Catia v5, and/or MES.
• Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
• Previous MRB experience, including MRB authority, or Manufacturing Engineering experience.
• Familiarity with Project Planning and scheduling, cost control and change control
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering