Northrop Grumman Mgr Engineering 2 in Palmdale, California
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
The Specialty Teat Team at Palmdale is looking for Manager / Section Head to lead a multi discipline engineering team through various phases of Component, Sub-system and Full Scale Airframe Testing. This position has both Functional and Program / Technical responsibilities. This position is locate in Palmdale California. Selected individual must have the Technical and soft skills that will enable him to successfully lead the team through all facets of Structural Testing, design, build up and execution. Candidate must be able and willing to execute in a multifaceted role, willing to collaborate with Engineering, Functional and Business team members located in multiple sites and cross country. This position requires a broad skillset in the area of instrumentation, static, fatigue, and system design. Structural Test environment experience as well as excellent communication skills are a must have.
The selected candidate will serve as the primary Specialty Test Team POC / liaison during the build-up of multiple Test structures. The position requires a confident, resourceful, highly motivated, results oriented individual with previous leadership experience.
Functional responsibilities include:
• Coaching and developing team members
• Employee performance evaluations
• Time card approvals
• Team building, interviews and candidate down-select
• Executing special assignments in support of FHR as well as Program requests
• Coordinate with IPT Engineering Manager and FHR developing and maintaining POP plan
Assignment Manager Responsibilities:
• Management of discrete work package, execution per IMS schedule
• Manage crew assignments, recurring and non-recurring task.
• Manage EVMS & CAM for selected accounts
• Prioritize and de-conflict schedule, resources and talent allocation.
• Develop, document and implement processes and procedures.
• Oversee risk reduction and trade study efforts.
• Participate in various PDR, CDR and general Technical Interchange discussions
• Oversee Test Set-up build-up / integration
• Oversee and ensure test execution, objective / requirements compliance and data validity
• BS degree (STEM) with 10 yrs. industry experience including test execution experience.
• DoD, Secret clearance, in scope within the last 5 yrs. and current program access is required
• Knowledge of manufacturing and machine shop materials, processes and methodology.
• Familiarity with Mechanical Assembly, Integration and Test experience.
• BS (STEM) with 10 yrs. industry experience, 3 yrs. in a leadership / management position.
• Special Program Access, (Strike), active
• Demonstrated knowledge of product life cycle, Manufacturing thru Testing
• Ability to develop relationships and operate in a collaborative team environment
• Experience in briefing managers, program leadership and customers.
• Proven experience in a Technical Lead or Management role.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering