Northrop Grumman Enterprise IT Program Manager in Palmdale, California
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services organization is seeking an ES Program Manager for the Engineering and Technology systems PMO (RTE) and will work with a dynamic team managing IT and Enterprise Services in support of the Aerospace Systems (AS) Manned Aircraft Design Center of Excellence (MAD CoE) located in Palmdale, CA.
The qualified candidate will oversee a team of IT professionals as they provide direct support to Engineering and Technology Systems leadership and will direct all IT strategy and operational activities, including service delivery, technical requirements gathering / forecasting, IT solutions, and project execution. The candidate will serve as the primary liaison between the Aerospace Systems IT Program Management Office (AS PMO) and business partner organizations (RTE) to provide leadership to the technical teams supporting the CoE in support of COTS application architecture, labor support, technology, other special requirements, software implementation, and technical user support for process and application alignment.
• Manage and develop a team of more than 20+ IT professionals at varying levels in their careers to successfully exceed the expectations of the clients and to grow their careers with Northrop Grumman.
• Prepare and execute the staffing plan to align with the user support requirements and ensure that the 'day to day' support to the end user (RTE), is delivered efficiently and effectively by the Enterprise Services functional homeroom.
• Effectively interacts with other members of the IT Solutions leadership team to optimize IT strategies in support of business partner goals and objectives
• Provides leadership over product, process, application, and technology supporting the business partners to include strategy development, budget and cost management, proposal development, product and service acquisition and delivery, and communication activities thereby ensuring timely and cost effective delivery and customer satisfaction
• Coordinates with project teams and resource managers to ensure that requirements are managed, changes are documented, and systems are developed, integrated, tested and deployed, as defined within the business partner's requirements
• Resolves competing demands related to project scope, schedule, cost, customer satisfaction, and quality and ensures compliance with organizational processes and procedures
• Apprises Northrop Grumman management of status, customer satisfaction, and risks that might affect program performance, and managing the human resources to ensure team success
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our, Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
• Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience is required; a Master's degree and 7 years of experience; or PhD and 5 years of experience will also be accepted. (In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, one year of relevant experience may be substituted for each year of the 4 required years of education)
• Must have experience managing, supervising, or leading cross functional teams and/or individuals.
• Experience in all aspects of project management (leading projects, managing budgets, and administrating schedules) is required.
• Must have experience in providing strategic direction, regarding IT products, processes, applications, and technology.
• Must have an at least active Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret level security clearance, as necessary per business requirements.
• The ideal candidate will have a Master's in a STEM related discipline, with 13 years of IT Management experience, to include 4 years supporting Engineering organizations.
• The qualified candidate must be customer-focused with proven leadership skills and excellent communication skills.
• Candidate must be entrepreneurial, self-starter and have the ability to challenge the status quo.
• Active DoD TS clearance is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology