Northrop Grumman Engineer Systems 2_Palmdale in Palmdale, California
Engineer Systems 2_Palmdale
Requisition ID: 18001812
Location(s): United States-California-Palmdale
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an Electromagnetic Effects and Radiation Engineer 2 in Palmdale, California. The successful candidate will be assigned to develop and deliver EME products and will be the technical liaison between internal and external organizations.
· Testing and documenting hardware performance at the piece part level through platform level.
· Assisting lead engineers in decomposing electromagnetic environment (EME) and radiation system level requirements.
· Assist in EME department process improvement efforts to enhance testing, methods and data reductions.
· Provide status at Program milestone meetings.
· Develop pre and post-test briefings demonstrating EME and radiation compliance.
· Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining test specifications, procedures, schedules and hardware metrology
· Some travel will be required.
BS degree in Electrical Engineering
Minimum of 2 years of direct experience in RF, Test, or design engineering
Active in-scope DoD Secret Clearance
The ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret clearance and program access.
Master's Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 2 years of applied experience.
Familiar with MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-464 and/or MIL-STD-461.
Proficiency in MATLAB and RF modeling software tools such as FEKO
The ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret Clearance and Program Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Systems 2_Palmdale
Requisition ID: 18001812