Northrop Grumman Engineer Reliability 3 (Palmdale, CA) in Palmdale, California
Engineer Reliability 3 (Palmdale, CA)
Requisition ID: 17026472
Location(s): United States-California-Palmdale
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The applicant must have knowledge of reliability technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and statistical techniques. The applicant must have demonstrated expertise in phases of reliability, availability, maintainability, supportability, logistics, system integration and testing, ESS, ALT, HALT, Maintainability Demonstrations, Reliability Demonstrations, Growth Planning and Testing, and Sparing analysis.
The applicant will perform a subset of the following RAM tasks:
• Provide reliability, availability, and maintainability guidance and leadership/support to various IPTs, ensuring program requirements and performances are understood.
• Develop, coordinate, and conduct technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts.
• Develop reliability math models and allocations, Reliability Block Diagrams, Reliability and Maintainability Program Plans.
• Perform parts derating, reliability parts count/stress and process grades analysis and reliability simulations.
• Assess reliability data of fielded systems for the purpose of assessing and documenting RAM and Logistics metrics and reliability (cumulative and instantaneous) growth trends.
• Perform reliability (MTBF, MTBCF, MTBUR, Ao, Am) analysis, maintainability and logistics (LRU, MTBM, MTTR, MDT, LDT, TAT) analysis, sparing analysis, and simulations which support military and industry standards.
• Recommend design or test methods and statistical analysis (AMSAA Planning Model and Reliability Growth Curves, Bayesian, Weibayes, Monte Carlo, Exponential, Poisson, Binomial, Weibull, Duane, Crow-AMSAA, etc.) for achieving required levels of product and system reliability.
• Compile and analyze performance reports and process statistics; investigate and analyze relevant variables potentially affecting reliability and maintainability.
• Develop mathematical models to identify items posing excessive failure risks.
• Propose changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or reliability processes.
• Determine items requiring environmental testing and number of samples to obtain statistically valid data.
• Develop FMECA to identify criticality levels based on failure rates and severity of the effects of failures.
• Develop and perform Reliability and Maintainability Demonstrations, Fault Detection/Fault Isolation analysis, and Prognostic Health Management analysis.
• Develop and execute ESS, ALT, and HALT plans and procedures and provide inputs from past experiences.
• Lead FRACAS meetings, perform FRACAS data mining and trend analysis, failure analysis, corrective actions; develop technical materials for presentation to the Failure Review Board, Problem Report and Resolution Board, and Ad Hoc PRRB.
• Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
• Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects and requirements.
• Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity as assigned.
The applicant must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills and excellent ability to prepare and present briefings to senior program leadership.
The applicant must have excellent skills with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Project) and wide array of experiences with multiple modeling tools, such as ReliaSoft/RELEX Toolset (Reliability, Maintainability, OpSim, FMECA, Fault Tree, FRACAS, RGA, and Weibull ), AMSAA Models, VMETRIC, RAPTOR, etc.), used for reliability and sparing analysis.
The applicant must be a self-starter, and work cooperatively with a variety of personnel.
Minimum Education / Experience: 5 years of engineering experience with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters and at least2 years of experience with reliability and maintainability analysis.
Must be proficient with Microsoft products and experience with multiple software analysis tools such as Relex and Reliasoft.
Current Secret Clearance ( with last investigation completed within last 6 years) with ability to obtain SAP/SAR clearances.
Prior Military Experience
Current Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Reliability 3 (Palmdale, CA)
Requisition ID: 17026472