Northrop Grumman Air Vehicle Manager Programs 2 (Palmdale, CA) in Palmdale, California
Air Vehicle Manager Programs 2 (Palmdale, CA)
Requisition ID: 18004099
Location(s): United States-California-Palmdale
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Air Vehicle Programs Manager 2 reports directly to Director of the B-2 Depot & Modification Center (D&MC). Using approved procedures and practices, the AVM is responsible for planning and program performance of the aircraft build, against cost, schedule and quality objectives. Oversees and provides objective oriented direction to subordinates utilizing management guidelines & general policies. Work closely with supervisors to define day-to-day tasks/key projects and /or goals linked to Aircraft Operation Plan or Organizational goals/objectives. Works closely with government customer for Program activities.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our “Selecting the Best Qualified Managers” video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo SQMVideo ”.
Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of combined experience in any of the following: systems engineering, air vehicle management, systems integration, project management, aircraft maintenance experience, flight line operations experience, or constraint management techniques such as creating war room - action item boards.
· Minimum of 1 year of leadership experience working within an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment leading projects or staff.
· Minimum of 1 year of program planning experience to include executing cost & schedule goals which includes an understanding of Earned Value Management.
· Active DoD Secret Clearance.
· Must be willing to support multiple shifts to include weekends, holidays and be on-call.
· Experience with constraint management tools and techniques (job delay board, integrated action items, managing work arounds)
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Flight Line experience
· Prior US Air Force Leadership experience
· Knowledge of IPT support roles such as production control, quality, test engineering, industrial engineering or manufacturing liaison.
· Special Program Access (SAP)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Air Vehicle Manager Programs 2 (Palmdale, CA)
Requisition ID: 18004099