At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Defense Systems sector is looking for Manager Programs Level 2 to support the Propulsion Systems & Controls (PS&C) operating unit. The position can be at Palm Beach Gardens, Florida .
Level 2 program managers will be expected to manage full programs and/or segments of a program in the Scramjet market area for the Propulsion Systems and Controls (PS&C) Operating Unit. Duties include ensuring delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule and achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions.
Supervises/manages staff assigned/matrixed to the program.
Provides objective-oriented direction utilizing management guidelines & general policies.
Plans and assesses program performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of a work package, subsystem, or related group of work packages on a large system development-type contract or full responsibility for all aspects of program performance on a large delivery order or mid-size contract.
Oversees projects and task assigned to the organizational group performed by non-exempt and/or exempt employees. Becomes directly involved only when required to assist in meeting schedules or to resolve technical or operational problems.
Ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
Accomplishes results through lower-level subordinates or through experienced exempt employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments.
Functions as an advisor regarding tasks, projects, and operations. Becomes actively involved in daily operations only when required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
Frequent contacts with internal personnel and outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning specific phases of projects or contracts.
Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal external representatives concerning specifics operations.
Recommended Attributes :
• Business Acumen: The ability to apply knowledge, insights and understanding of business and financial concepts, tools and processes to the benefit of developing market strategies
• Communications: The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs
• Program Growth: The ability to recognize and respond to customer needs in order to develop additional sales that support organizational objectives.
• Risk & Opportunity: The ability to address portfolio uncertainty through an organized and analytical forward looking approach that identifies risks and opportunities, determines appropriate handling plans, and manages, controls, and communicates risks and opportunities for the Market Area.
• Customer intimacy: Consistently makes time to seek and incorporate input from customers and understand their expectations. Demonstrates commitment and energy to meet customer needs. Builds strong relationships with strategic partners and key suppliers. Guides program team and support functions on how to take action to satisfy customer expectations.
• Bachelor's Degree and 10 years, or Master's and 8 years' experience supporting U.S. Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other industries
• 5 or more years of experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager
• 5 or more years of demonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal
• Must be a US citizen and able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
• Technical background and/or experience in development of propulsion systems
• PMP certification
• Active Secret Clearance
Salary Range: $134,400 - $201,600
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs