Northrop Grumman Software Engineers for Orlando, FL - All Levels in Orlando, Florida
Software Engineers for Orlando, FL - All Levels
Requisition ID: 18009930
Location(s): United States-Florida-Orlando
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is looking for experienced Software Professionals to join our team. Will it be you?
Our Software professionals are working on exciting and innovative solutions in an ever changing environment. You’ll get the opportunity to engage the next big challenge by sharing your expertise in a collaborative and inclusive work environment. We not only want to solve problems but prepare for future technologies. Your inputs make a difference to us, our customers, and our country!
We are looking for Java and C developers at various skill levels to join our dynamic team at our Orlando, Florida location. If you would like to be considered, please apply so we can have our team review your resume against our growing business needs!
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance to include work related professional certifications & annual fees
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
We are seeking software engineers with diverse backgrounds to be part of our software development team working on programs that provide software solutions to our customers. You will be exposed to a face paced, agile software development team working system solutions, requirement definitions, and refinement of software design and architecture, system development, and hand-on prototyping.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Participate in the entire lifecycle of software development including requirements definition, architecture and development specifications, coding, quality assurance testing, deployment, documentation and support
• Responsible for the coding, deployment, maintenance, optimization and documentation of software applications in a multi-tier, distrusted, browser-based enterprise computer
• Understand SOA concepts and patterns
• Perform unit testing to ensure the quality of code produced
• Collaborate with other developers and product analysts effectively
Web Development Engineer
Application Development Engineer
• Experience with Java, VB.NET, C/C , C#, Python
• Experience using MS Visual Studio/Qt
Back-end Development Engineer
• Experience with C/C
• Experience doing linux scripting for Cron
• Experience with MySQL, dBase, Oracle, or other databases
Embedded Systems Development Engineer
• Experience with Embedded C, Assembler, Python, Arduino, Java
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
• US Citizenship required and must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret clearance or higher
• Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment as well as work individually
• Ability to work in a team environment that supports peer reviewing
• Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
• Utilization of debugging tools and testing mechanisms
• Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
• Developed, documented and maintained designs for software systems
• Experience working through software development life cycle
• Experience writing unit tests using nUnit or comparable framework, a plus
• Experience working in automated testing environments, a plus
• Basic experience in SQL and database technologies
• Experience with executing tests and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
• Experience working in agile software environment, preferred
• Familiarity with Entity Frameworks, EDB Postgres, and Microsoft Internet Information Services, preferred
• Experience working in UX Methodologies, and SATCOM, a plus
• Knowledge of Atlassian products (JIRA), AKKA frameworks, and SignalR, a plus
• Solid understanding of OOD, a plus
• Current Secret clearance, a plus.
• Familiarity with latest C standards (c 11, c 14, c 17, etc), a plus
• Cloud Computing experience with languages such as: Java, XML, R, Erlang, Google’s Go!, Clojure
• Mobile Development experience with languages such as: Android, Swift (for iOS), B4A, Objective C, HTML5, Java, C#
• Data Science (Cluster computing, numerical application) experiences with languages such as: C/C , MATLAB, Python
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Software Engineers for Orlando, FL - All Levels
Requisition ID: 18009930