Northrop Grumman KC 135 Aeronautical Engineer / Secret / Interim Secret in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Are you ready to put your experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, we need you to join our team as an Aeronautical Engineer. This position will be located at our Defense Systems Sector in Oklahoma City, OK.
You will become part of Northrop Grumman's Flight Software and Design Solutions Integrated Product Team. You will support military and commercial legacy aircraft updates. The role required will primarily support United States Air Force (USAF) aircraft projects related to takeoff, in flight, and landing performance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Write aircraft performance system requirements, including flight performance algorithms using natural laws affecting flight.
• Perform verification/validation activities on aircraft software including software support tools, mission planning tools, and embedded aircraft software.
• Maintaining test tools written in object-oriented Pascal or C programming language.
• Support software developers through design and implementation activities.
• Maintain documentation for upgrades to aircraft performance system software.
• Assist more senior engineers in performing studies to sustain and/or modernize aircraft systems.
• Perform activities according to set processes/procedures to remain CMMI Level 3 compliant.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering or closely related degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience or Master's degree and 0 years of experience.
2. Coding/software experience.
3. Experience with aircraft performance algorithms, such as writing requirements and/or testing algorithms.
4. Ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. Government security clearance.
5. Ability to obtain/maintain access to work at our Oklahoma City location.
1. Coding experience in Pascal or C# programming.
2. Internship/co-op or other work experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
3. Current Secret Clearance or Higher
4. Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small groups.
5. Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects.
6. Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through launch.
7. Experience with Agile Scrum software development life cycle.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering