Northrop Grumman Staff Systems Engineer - New Sensor Integration (Electrical Engineering Focus) in Northridge, California
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems , Advanced Weapons Systems in Northridge, CA is seeking a qualified and experienced Staff Systems Engineer - New Sensor Integration (level T05) with a strong background and deep technical knowledge in Electrical Design and Integration (EDI) and/or Electrical Systems architecture. The candidate will provide technical and programmatic leadership for a firmware development team developing an advanced signal processing capability for an autonomous sensing application. This candidate must have experience in programming a variety of Programmable Logic Devices (PLDs) including FPGAs, understand electrical architecture and circuit design from customer concepts and requirements and have the ability to drive technical issues to resolution. This position requires ability to define and review electrical interface designs and ensure requirements are being met for cost, schedule, and technical performance. The position will also require leadership of technical teams, coordination with multi-discipline functional organizations, and provide a strong technical interface to the customer. Proven ability to lead technical teams and oversee complex issues, including troubleshooting, is a must. Experience in Electronic Warfare and/or signal processing is desired. A broad 'systems' development experience, understanding military weapon systems and their missions is also desired.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong technical leadership abilities in EDI and apply electrical interface principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to perform circuit design, PLD development and analysis, hardware integration and test, and application in military flight hardware. In addition, the leadership responsibilities may include Cost Account Management and EVMS oversight for an electronic design effort on a major development program.
Some relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available for this position.
Basic Qualifications :
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering & 14 years of design experience OR a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering & 12 years of design experience.
• Proven ability to lead technical teams and oversee complex issues, including troubleshooting.
• 5 years of technical leadership experience
• Experience in Electrical Systems Architecture Design, Modeling, and Analysis
• Experience in PLD development and programming
• Current/active Interim Secret clearance
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI clearance within a timeframe set forth by management.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Master's in Electrical Engineering
• Experience in Electronic Warfare and/or signal processing
• Knowledge of digital signal processing systems
• Knowledge of Electronic Warfare electronic systems.
• Experience with embedded systems design or software control
• Broad 'systems' development experience, and understanding military weapon systems and their missions
• Experience presenting technical content to customers
• Current/active TS/SCI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering