At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Advanced Weapons has an opening for a Staff Software Engineer to serve in the role of a Project Engineer/SW IPT Lead on our AARGM and AARGM-ER missile production programs with our talented Advanced Weapons team. This position will be in Northridge, CA.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the full software engineering lifecycle of missile / weapon system production program(s). They will also have a technical understanding of the functionality of the software running in subsystems of missile/weapon system, e.g., sensors, guidance, navigation, control, and telemetry/communication . This candidate will work directly with the program's Chief Engineer and collaborate with the various IPTs to ensure the design, development and integration of the missile embedded/STE software are technically sound, on budget, and on schedule.
A successful candidate will have the qualities and essential functional expertise to:
• Establish and manage change to the software technical baseline; ensure technical baseline meets functional and performance requirements for the missile system.
• Support the CE and PMO in the current status, issues, and challenges with software development, integration and test.
• Evaluate, coordinate, and de-conflict cross IPT design constraints, changes, and issues as it relates to software engineering budgets and schedule.
• Ensure proper software engineering rigor via process and documentation/modeling practices in alignment with the Departmental Functional Best Practices.
• Chair the Software Change Control Boards.
• Present software status at Program Management Reviews internally and with the customer.
• Provide inputs to and support of quarterly EACs.
• Ensure software staffing is secured for all production efforts.
• Provide software inputs to all production proposals.
• Chair frequent customer software collaboration meetings.
• Review software documentation and code for technical correctness and completeness.
• Effectively communicate the software configurations/baseline to internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintain coordination with the other giver/receiver programs in regard to the software content that will be re-used and leveraged by the missile.
• Provide support to the Risk and Opportunities Management Board and the resulting risk mitigation and opportunity capture actions.
• Work with PM, CE, and IPT leads to develop IMSs for technical tasks.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance.
• Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline and a minimum of fourteen (14) years of engineering experience; will consider Master of Science in an Engineering discipline and a minimum of twelve (12) years of engineering experience.
• Technical understanding of the functionality of the software running in subsystems of missile/weapon system, e.g., sensors, guidance, navigation, control, and telemetry/communication .
• Experience in software development, integration, test, and verification.
• Experience in defense/weapon system(s).
• Experience in defining and tracking technical tasks from program schedule (e.g., integrated master schedule).
• Experience as a Control Account Manager.
• Experience in developing/reviewing software requirements, design, code, test artifacts.
• Experience in working on proposals and generating basis of estimates for software engineering.
• Experience in working in an integrated product team organization.
• Experience in communicating with all levels of peers, management, and customers in a methodical, detailed and process-oriented fashion.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance with periodic reinvestigation within the last five (5) years
• Experience working on missile products.
• Experience in waterfall and Agile software development life cycles.
*Living in Northridge offers a perfect combination of urban living with the beauty of nature. It is a short drive away from downtown Los Angeles, the Hollywood Hills, or the rest of the San Fernando Valley.
Take advantage of your flexible work schedule to enjoy shopping at the local Northridge Fashion Center or spend time at the local Recreation Center as well as easy access to nearby protected natural areas such as the Chatsworth Reservoir, the Santa Susana Pass State Historic Park, Lake Balboa or within driving distance, spend a day at the beach or snow ski at our local mountains. With Cal State Northridge right in the heart of town, the area has an active college-town energy combined with family-friendly suburban charm. The stunning southern California climate makes for year-round easy living. With an average of 284 sunny days during the year , it is safe to say you'll have plenty of time to enjoy your outdoor activities to the fullest. #definingpossible
For more information, please click on this link below:
Northrop Grumman in Northridge-California - Northrop Grumman
Salary Range: $161,000 - $241,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.