Northrop Grumman Senior Principal GNC Embedded SW Engineer/Lead **CURRENT/ACTIVE CLEARANCE REQUIRED** in Northridge, California
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking a Senior Principal GNC Embedded SW Engineer/Lead w/ a current/active Secret clearance to join our team in Northridge, CA.
In this position, the selected candidate will perform embedded software development for missile systems. In this role as a lead for the guidance embedded software, you will lead the design, coding, testing, integration, and verification of the guidance software in the program. As a product lead, you will be responsible for supporting and coordinating the software requirements development, software integration at both the unit level and systems level, software testing, and hardware/software integration. You will be expected to follow a CMMI level 3 software development process, including documentation that supports the development process.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Follow Software Development Plan
• Develop Software Requirement Specification
• Follow CMMI Level 3 software development processes
• Develop software designs using Unified Modeling Language (UML)
• Develop software and conduct code reviews
• Develop and execute test plans and procedures allocated to software
• Perform software unit testing and hardware-software integration
• Interface with hardware engineers to address hardware issues
• Interface with analysts to incorporate and test algorithms in the software
• Support software integration activities in the lab and in the field
• Interface with I&T team to support testing and analyze test results
• Support system-level verification and validation
• Participate in the development of design documentation, test plans/procedures, test reports
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Physics
• 9+ years embedded software engineering experience
• Experience programming in C/C+• Experience programming for real-time operating systems
• Experience with object-oriented design and implementation (UML)
• Familiarity with standard software lifecycle processes
• Must have a current/active Secret clearance that has been issued/readjudicated in the past five (5) years.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain Special Program Access as required.
• Knowledge of CMMI Level 3 process guidelines
• Software testing/debugging in a laboratory environment
• Active US DoD issued Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering