At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
We are currently seeking a Principal Cyber Systems Engineer (Cybersecurity/Anti-Tamper Engineer) with active clearance to work with our talented Advanced Weapons team to be located in Northridge, CA. As an integral part of our multi-discipline engineering team in Advanced Weapons, you will be on the forefront of developing next generation solutions to protect technology for our nation's warfighters. The ideal candidate will be supporting one of our programs for defining and architecting a secured missile weapon system. This position will require close collaboration with team members of other projects within the organization for security architecture designs as well as external partners and customers.
In this role, the selected candidate will (but not be limited to):
• Support analysis, development, implementation and security assessments to ensure compliance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-53, CNSSI 1253, and DoD RMF Knowledge Service guidance
• Support identification of Anti-Tamper Critical Program Information (CPI) and writing of Anti-Tamper Plans to ensure compliance with DoD AT TIG, DoD AT Guidelines, DoD 5200.39 CPI Identification Procedure, and other DoD AT related policies
• Assist in defining system architectures resistant to tampering and cyber-attacks
• Develop technical documentation/publication to document trade studies, system designs, analysis, and results related to systems security
• Support Anti-Tamper/Cybersecurity Integration & Test and executing verification & validation requirements
• Utilize reverse engineering to architect and validate AT solutions
• Maintain technical knowledge by reviewing publications and participating in communities of practice to further domain knowledge
• Support security assessments and continuous monitoring
• Ensure secure software architectures and applications
• Develop standard and improvement processes for assessing, designing, implementing, and verifying security requirements
• Interface with inter-organizational management to communicate technical briefings and program status
Basic qualifications for a Principal Cyber Systems Engineer level (T03):
• B.S. in an engineering/computer science discipline and a minimum of five years of engineering, computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience
• Minimum two years of cumulative experience in the following: cybersecurity/anti-tamper requirements development, security and cyber threat analysis, security systems engineering, cyber systems architecture development or cybersecurity policy development
• Must have demonstrated experience in solving technical problems independently with minimal supervision
• U.S. Citizenship and active Secret DoD clearance is required with the ability to obtain higher Special Access Program (SAP) clearance
• Advanced degree in Engineering, Software or Science
• Experience working in the defense industry or with weapons systems
• Possess a DOD 8570 certification: CompTIA Security+, CISSP or similar
• Experience with Reverse Engineering, Hardware Design, Embedded Software or Cryptography
• Technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring.
• Experience contributing to and/or making technical presentations to a lead engineer
• Active DoD Secret Clearance with periodic reinvestigation within the last five years
Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
Living in Northridge offers a perfect combination of urban living with the beauty of nature. It is a short drive away from downtown Los Angeles, the Hollywood Hills, or the rest of the San Fernando Valley. Take advantage of your flexible work schedule to enjoy shopping at the local Northridge Fashion Center or spend time at the local Recreation Center as well as easy access to nearby protected natural areas such as the Chatsworth Reservoir, the Santa Susana Pass State Historic Park, Lake Balboa or within driving distance, spend a day at the beach. With Cal State Northridge right in the heart of town, the area has an active college-town energy combined with family-friendly suburban charm. The stunning southern California climate makes for year-round easy living. With an average of 284 sunny days during the year , it is safe to say you'll have plenty of time to enjoy your outdoor activities to the fullest.
For more information, please click on this link below:
Northrop Grumman in Northridge-California - Northrop Grumman
Salary Range: $87,200 - $130,800
Salary Range 2: $107,300 - $160,900
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.