Northrop Grumman Assembler 2 in New Town, North Dakota
Requisition ID: 18004431
Location(s): United States-North Dakota-New Town
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables. Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws. Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed. May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications. May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
Minimum of six (6) years in electrical assembly operations, and familiarity with shop routines and use of hand and power tools, required for this position.
1. Assembles, installs, mounts and connects complex electrical cables, harnesses, subassemblies and component parts.
2. Works from schematics, wiring prints, drawings, engineering orders, work sheets and verbal instructions.
3. Performs assembly and wiring operations on all types of equipment, using strippers, stake-on tools, crimpers, various wattage soldering irons, torque wrenches, sockets, heat guns, and other hand tools, as necessary.
4. Assures all prints are up to latest configuration, and all tools are properly certified.
5. Adheres to all applicable operations procedures and directives.
6. Signs off all associated paperwork, and submits work to inspection, as required.
7. Performs aircraft electrical systems tests, using engineering test procedures.
8. Adhere to all applicable environmental, safety and health, and operations procedures and directives.
9. Notify supervision of all any/all malfunctions, defects and damages of equipment, material and product.
10. Check work for completeness and accuracy.
11. Perform Production Accountability duties associates with the processing, verification, and quality auditing and inspection of assemblies, parts and tooling for which the individual has been delegated production accountability.
12. Keep work area clean and orderly.
13. May be required to work in other fields incidental to, and in connection with, completion of assignment.
14. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
Job Knowledge and Educational Requirement
Four (4) years of high school or equivalent plus vocational or similar training, including shop math to interpret and work from blueprints, electronic data, specifications, manuals, operations work sheets, and verbal instructions. Maintain required certifications.
General Physical Requirements
Lifting, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, grasping, holding, reaching, pushing and pulling are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visitwww.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Assembler 2
Location: North Dakota-New Town
Requisition ID: 18004431