Northrop Grumman Senior DMO Mission Event Commander in Nellis AFB, Nevada
Senior DMO Mission Event Commander
Requisition ID: 18008167
Location(s): United States-Nevada-Nellis AFB
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an experienced 5th Generation Fighter DMO Mission Event Commander for its Nellis Mission Operations Network (NMON) at Nellis AFB, NV.
The ideal candidate requires at least fifteen years’ experience in United States Air Force (USAF) operational training activities. Additionally, the selected candidate will lead the development, planning, briefing, execution, debriefing, and after action activities associated with the conduct of advanced DMO activities. In addition, the individual shall be capable of interacting with lower ranking tactical personnel to high ranking (General Officer (GO)-level) personnel on exercise issues and problems.
The Mission Event Commander must be a team player, able to work comfortably and effectively with engineers, weapons system operators, internal and external team members, sub-contractors as well as sponsors and other DoD contractors. Strong interpersonal skills are required to be fully effective, especially in a deployed type setting. This position requires 25% travel, support of conferences, meetings, and other operational planning events.
• US Citizenship required. Possess an Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility. Must be able to maintain clearance.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher with 15 Years of experience; 13 Years with a Masters.
• USAF Weapons School Graduate
• At least 10 years USAF operational experience in 5th Gen Fighter aircraft.
• Ability to provide consulting expertise to military and/or defense clients to develop and evaluate military training and doctrine
• Ability to provide specialized planning and/or execution expertise in specialized phases of military training exercises--including doctrinal development, scenario development, and after action review and analysis
• Must possess thorough knowledge of AFTTP 3-1 guidance
• Must have operationally relevant rated experience within past 5 year
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Project).
• Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and writing skills.
• Ability to understand and apply company methodologies, standard, and policies.
• Flexibility and strong problem solving, and communication skills are a critical requirement for this position.
• Highly organized self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of management with minimum direct supervision
• Demonstrate the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional information technology tasks independently.
• Experience with Combat Air Forces DMO exercises and simulations
• Experienced Mission Commander or Instructor
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Senior DMO Mission Event Commander
Location: Nevada-Nellis AFB
Requisition ID: 18008167