At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Flight Test Flight Test Technician 4 (Airframe & Powerplant) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Test and Evaluation organization. This role is located in Mojave, CA .
In this role you will be Performing developmental, experimental and production aircraft maintenance, repair, modification, installation, and testing tasks in a field of specialization; electrical / electronic, mechanical or instrumentation. The selected candidate will work from blueprints, engineering orders, schematics, repair manuals and other technical documents on aircraft electrical / electronic, mechanical, plumbing, and hydraulics, power plant, structures, or instrumentation systems.
• Instructs, coordinates, and performs the duties / functions of Flight Test personnel in area(s) of assignment.
• Determines the sequence for installing, removing, maintaining, repairing, or fabricating critical aircraft components, or electrical / electronic, mechanical or instrumentation systems.
• Performs testing, rework, and repair in various fields of specialization.
• Works from blueprints, engineering orders, schematics, repair manuals and other technical documents on aircraft electrical / electronic, mechanical, plumbing, and hydraulics, power plant, structures, or instrumentation systems.
• Performs drilling, reaming, fitting, assembly, trimming, riveting, splicing, insulating and other associated duties as assigned.
• Performs electrical, mechanical or instrumentation maintenance, repair, and testing in support of specific flight test projects.
• Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, and maintains various types of complex aircraft equipment, components, devices, or systems.
• Performs modifications and adjustments as necessary.
• Notifies lead personnel or supervision of any / all malfunctions, defects and damages of equipment, material, and product.
• Checks work for completeness and accuracy.
• Performs Production Accountability duties associated with the processing, verification, quality auditing and inspection of assemblies, parts, and tooling for which the individual has been delegated production accountability.
• May be required to work in other fields incidental to, and in connection with completion of assignment.
• May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
We offer flexible work arrangements, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
• High School Diploma or equivalent plus 6 years of industry-related experience.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
• Must have an FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License.
• Physical ability to lift 50 Lbs.
• Selected Candidate must be willing to work weekends in support of schedule requirements.
• Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
• Crew Chief Experience
• Experience with wire harness building and repair
• Experience working with structures; drilling, riveting.
• Inspection Authorization
• Experience maintaining Gulfstream or similar size/complexity aircraft.
• Experience with myCMP, FAA Parts 43, 91, and 145 and General Aviation.
• Experience working in experimental flight test environments.
• Familiarity with DCMA, and quality assurance procedures.
• Experience with operating flight line ground equipment.
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary Range: $73,200 - $122,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs