Northrop Grumman Supply Chain Procuremnt Specialist in Minnetonka, Minnesota
Sources and procures goods and services of a commodity nature from many suppliers. Initiates Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers. In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules. Works with internal customers to ensure specifications are appropriate for the services or products required. Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations. Issues purchase orders. Manages performance of purchase orders, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations. Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities. Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded. Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed. Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
• BA in Business, Finance, SCM or related field required
• 3 years Supply Chain procurement experience
• Experience with ERP systems such as Deltek or Costpoint
• US Government sub-contracting experience(FAR/DFAR)
• Proactive; self-directed; can take instruction and act
• Demonstrated success in developing tactical plans and carrying through to successful agreements
• 5 or more years of Supply Chain experience
• Accredited Supply Chain Certification through APICS or ISM
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain