Northrop Grumman Engineer Systems in Mesa, Arizona
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 85,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. We are committed to advancing global security and human discovery in support of our customers' missions around the world. We do so by providing leading technology and national security solutions and services to markets around the world. Northrop Grumman's Weapons Systems Division in Mesa, Arizona produces automatic medium caliber gun systems. Northrop Grumman gun systems built for the U.S. and international militaries have been used in all major conflicts since World War II in a variety of applications to include small and large ground vehicles, helicopters, airplanes and naval ships.
This Systems Engineering position is for an individual contributor role on medium caliber gun system programs within the Weapons Systems Division. As part of the Systems Engineering group, the Systems Engineer coordinates planning, organization, implementation, integration and completion of assigned engineering projects. This position is located in Mesa, Arizona.
The Systems Engineering position carries the following set of primary responsibilities:
• Accountable to the Systems Engineering Manager and Program Managers for meeting technical performance measures, cost targets, and schedule requirements on assigned engineering projects.
• Performs planning and execution of gun system development and testing projects, including voice of the customer techniques, requirements development and management, gun system requirement definition, verification and validation, and risk management to design of gun systems.
• Leads failure investigations and associated corrective actions.
• Works with design, project, manufacturing and quality engineers through the development process and ensures timely flow of information among and between engineering team members.
• Presents work products at program reviews, proposals, or other project meetings.
• Contributes to cost estimates and written technical proposals.
• Develops technical relationships with vendors and suppliers, in coordination with subcontracts management and quality functions, to facilitate technical flow-down and understanding of requirements, testing, and process control.
• Supports design trade studies.
• Shares knowledge with other engineers.
• Supports continuous improvement initiatives within the overall engineering department.
• BS in Engineering, preferably in Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering
• 2 years of experience, preferably in directly related systems or project engineering in the defense or aerospace industry
• Experience in product development projects for complex aerospace or defense systems
• Familiarity with mechanical and electrical engineering processes and other specialty engineering activities within the product development process
• Experience writing statements of work and estimating project scope
• Demonstrated effectiveness in achieving results through understanding and management of internal processes
• Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
• Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to focus on multiple projects and deliver status on risk areas and required actions
• Demonstrated strength in technical writing
• Knowledge of requirements decomposition, FMEAs, verification and validation, and risk analysis.
• Experience with requirements database tools such as DOORS, TCSE a plus.
• Ability to scope and generate product test plans, lead tests as Test Engineer and generate comprehensive test reports for internal and external customer distribution.
• Demonstrated experience working with customers to ensure project success.
• U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
• Position may require domestic and international travel of less than 25%
• Must be able to obtain clearance from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms and Explosives as an Employee Possessor.
• Candidates hired into this role will also need to complete a Gun Control Act Self Certification form.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering