At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineer/Principal Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
This position is contingent upon funding and clearance and may be filled at either the System Engineer OR Principal System Engineer level.
The systems engineer is responsible for applying model-based systems engineering methodologies in coordination and collaboration with diverse engineering design teams to provide imaginative, technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems in establishing and managing the technical baseline in support of review milestones for manned aircraft programs. The position requires systems thinking and working knowledge of the full development life-cycle processes that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Candidate must exhibit strong leadership characteristics in coordinating with multiple teams and managing tasks. The candidate may support a variety of systems engineering areas, including architecture development, requirements development, technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Final assignments may be aligned with architecture development, requirements development, and/or systems integration into existing architecture models using model-based systems engineering methodologies.
Essential Functions include:
• Develop Architecture, CONOPS, and use cases using model-based systems engineering methodologies (Cameo/Rhapsody or similar tool).
• Integrate Cross-IPT (integrated product team) designs, models, and internal system interfaces into existing MBSE architectures.
• Capture analytical tool and workflows (analytical architectures) that contribute to the maturation of the program Digital Engineering Environment
• Perform systems functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Execution of trade studies to select from among multiple potential solutions.
• Management of requirements, include decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation.
• System Engineer : Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 2 years of experience in engineering; OR Master of Science Degree in STEM with 0 years of experience
• Principal System Engineer : Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of experience in engineering; OR a Master of Science Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 3 years of experience in engineering; OR PhD in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 0 years of experience in engineering.
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance prior to start.
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) clearance before establishing a start date (contingency).
• Experience working in systems engineering
• Active U.S. Government DOD Secret security clearance, or higher
• Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
• Applied knowledge of aircraft design
• Experience in the military aerospace development environment
• Experience with Cameo Magic Draw or another MBSE tool such as Rhapsody, • Sparx EA, and Enterprise Architect
• Experienced developing various DODAF view artifacts, especially Operational and functional viewpoints, using MBSE tools
• Experience in ICD development and integration
• Demonstrated communication and technical writing skills
• Proven ability to brief technical presentations to stakeholders
• Experience working on Agile development teams
• Experience with requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS)
Salary Range: $75,300 - $112,900
Salary Range 2: $92,600 - $139,000
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.