At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector has an opening for a Staff Aircraft Mechanical Systems (Mechanisms) Architect Engineer specializing in Mechanical Systems Design Architecture to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This role will be located in Melbourne, FL .
In this role you will be responsible for developing, modifying, maintaining the Mechanical Systems Design Architecture using engineering practices and standards. The selected candidate will have responsibility over the physical and digital architectures for the aircraft mechanical system.
• Primary role is to serve as a mechanical design lead for mechanical systems design on a major program located at the Melbourne, FL site.
• The candidate will be part of a small team of mechanical design engineers supporting the preliminary design, development and integration of mechanical system components and mechanisms onto an aircraft platform.
• The chosen candidate will have a demonstrated ability to perform design and analysis of aircraft landing gear and/or general aircraft mechanisms (utilities, flight controls, uplocks etc.).
• The chosen candidate will have a demonstrated team leadership experience and the ability to perform mechanical system analysis and integration activities.
• Experience in the procurement of aircraft actuation hardware (electrically and hydraulically powered) with related supplier management skills is also desired.
• As needed, candidate must also attend internal program, customer and/or supplier technical exchange meetings and/or formal program milestone reviews to provide and/or obtain progress status updates.
• Other responsibilities and duties include assisting IPT lead in managing team cost and schedule and mentoring junior engineers in mechanical design.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings across all levels. The candidate must be a self-starter capable of flourishing in an environment with minimal direction. The candidate will need to have excellent communication and writing skills with experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline AND 14 years of related professional/military experience in mechanical/aerospace engineering that includes a background in aircraft mechanical (mechanism) systems.
• Able to obtain and maintain DoD Secret clearance or higher (that has a background investigation completed within the last 6 years or is under continuous evaluation).
• Able to obtain and maintain Special Access Programs (SAP) prior to the commencement of employment.
• Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related discipline.
• Active DoD Secret clearance or higher (that has a background investigation completed within the last 6 years or is under continuous evaluation).
• Familiarity with NX CAD software and Teamcenter PLM.
• Managerial / Team Lead experience.
Salary Range: $139,000 - $208,600
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs