Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Software Engineer - Software Lead in Melbourne, Florida
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold, new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have fun along the way! Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history!
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Sr. Principal Software Engineer - ALMDS Software Lead to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Essential Functions :
• Full lifecycle design, implementation, and unit testing of software
• Work with various team members to integrate functionality with other software components
• Lead the software team by providing technical direction to software engineers
• Gather and report software metrics
• Support software working groups with the customer
• Support monthly program reviews
• Ensure software best practices
• Develop software products from all phases of the software lifecycle
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and at least 9-years of software engineering experience OR a Master's degree in (STEM) with at least 7- years of software engineering experience or a PhD degree in (STEM) with at least 4 years of experience in software engineering
• Demonstrated experience with C+ • Although not required to apply or start, this position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance and special program access within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
• FPGA, and VHDL software development
• Experience with developing embedded software architectures
• Experience with VxWorks development
• Experience programming in C#
• Experience with image processing algorithms
• Experience with classifiers
• Experience with visual studio
• Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite with add-ons like Git and Confluence
• Familiarity with the Agile software development process
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering