Northrop Grumman Sr Principal Materials and Process Engineer - NDI in Melbourne, Florida
Description - External
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
We are seeking a Sr Principal Materials and Process Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI)Engineer:
This candidate must have a basic understanding of metals, composites, coatings, subsystems, and corrosion as well as a deeper understanding of the following NDI responsibilities:
Development of new NDI procedures, processes and equipment on composite and metallic airframe structure.
Provides effective solutions to production NDI issues. Generates test plans & reports.
Analyzes, researches, designs and develops NDI processes to optimize inspection processes for application on structures, systems and subsystems.
Reviews and approves subcontractor NDI processing procedures.
Travels to subcontractor locations.
Qualifications - External
• The basic qualifications for the Sr. Principal Materials and Process Engineer are a Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with a minimum of 9 years of experience in design and fabrication of aircraft structures or a Master's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with a minimum of 7 years of experience
• Development of NDI inspection processes and procedures
• Design, Development and qualification of non-destructive inspection reference standards
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
• BS or MS in Materials Engineering, Physics or similar
• Current or past ASNT Level 3 certifications in NDI methods
• Development of NDI inspection processes and procedures for composite materials
• Experience with metal or composite fabrication and design on aircraft as applicable to NDI
• Experience with composite repair processes and inspection methods for aerospace structures
• Experience in ultrasonic inspection of composites and bonded assemblies
• Experience in NDI of Additive Manufacturing components.
• Experience in metallic inspection requirements
• Experience in manual and automated NDI scanning systems
• Review and approval of subcontractor NDI processing procedures for metallic and composite materials
• Review and approval of subcontractor NDI processing procedures for All NDI methods
• Experience with providing onsite NDI support at subcontractor locations
• Provide NDI technical guidance and direction to engineering team in the design, test, production, and maintenance phases of a project.
• Participate in anomaly resolution by supporting Material Review Board (MRB) and providing non-conformance and failure analysis assessments
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering