Northrop Grumman Sr Principal Engineer Systems Test in Melbourne, Florida
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Engineer Systems Test to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be temporarily located in Melbourne FL.
* Air Vehicle Flight Test Engineer is responsible for supporting planning and coordinating all ground and air vehicle flight test activities on the E-2D Wet-Outer Wing Panel (WOWP) program in support of the International Export Baseline (IEB) for an envelope expansion flight test program.
* Candidate shall display professionalism, motivation, strong leadership skills, and ability to work independently.
* Should be able to function as a key technical subject matter expert of the flight test team and will interface directly with other WOWP FTE and the lead WOWP FTE lead.
* Planning, coordination, and execution of all ground and flight test activities on the E-2D WOWP aircraft at NGC St. Augustine, FL and NGC Melbourne, FL.
* Must be proficient in project planning, scheduling of assets, test team coordination and scheduling of flight test missions.
* Conduct of ground and flight test missions as a test conductor (director). These duties include but are not limited to:
* Developing and maintaining flight test support materials and mission flight test profiles.
* Developing, reviewing and publishing test plans, flight test cards, test schedules, test procedures and test reports.
* Coordinating with internal and external organizations to ensure safe and effective execution of ground and flight test activities.
* Evaluation of results from flight activities and incorporation of "lessons learned" into future test activities.
* Conduct ground and flight tests in accordance with established test plans and procedures.
* Participate in post-test data evaluation and problem identification and resolution.
* Prepare and publish test summaries and test reports.
* Able to perform work in an approved environment to include a flight line or aircraft during specified work hours.
* Must be able to change physical locations based upon need (including physical ability to travel).
* Have the flexibility to work in both external and internal environmental conditions.
* Negotiate and integrate different viewpoints as well as prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result.
* Must be able to prepare, analyze, and interpret data, figures, and sequence of operations in a timely manner.
* Able to collaborate in a team environment and prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
Bachelor's Degreein a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from anaccredited university and 9+ years of test and/or integration engineeringexperience OR
Master's Degreein a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from anaccredited university and 7+ years of test and/or integration engineeringexperience OR
PhD Degree in aScience, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from anaccredited university and 4+ years of test and/or integration engineeringexperience
Must have DoDInterim Secret level security clearance (or higher)
Must be able toobtain and maintain an active DoD Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
3years of recent experience as Flight Test Engineer with control room monitoringand/or Test Conductor (Director) experience.
Full understanding of all aspects of air vehicle flighttesting to include requirements definition, instrumentation, data processing,test planning, test conduct and test reporting.
Previous experience with air vehicle flight test programswith specific emphasis in the flying qualities, performance, loads, and flutterdisciplines.
Master'sdegree from an accredited university preferred.
Fixed-wingflight test experience is highly desirable
Qualificationfrom a recognized Test Pilot School is highly desirable.
Militaryflight experience, NAVAIR 4.3 competencies.
FARPart 25 experience is highly desirable.
Flighttest operations experience desirable.
Maritimeaviation experience desirable.
Priorexperience and familiarity with E-2 aircraft and flight test also preferred.
Recentexperience with air vehicle flight test - flutter, and loads, flying qualitiestesting and analysis
Recentexperience with DART (Data Analysis and Reduction Tool
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering