Northrop Grumman Software Test Engineer 4 in Melbourne, Florida
Software Test Engineer 4
Requisition ID: 18007683
Location(s): United States-Florida-Melbourne
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, strike, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers
worldwide. Our mission is to be at the forefront of technology and innovation, delivering superior capability in tandem with maximized cost efficiencies.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training, mentors, and extensive benefits.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Software Test Engineer 4 to join an agile software development team designing and building advanced, state-of-the-art, mission planning software. This position is located in Melbourne, FL .
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Test Engineer will have the following roles and responsibilities:
• Perform smoke testing, integration testing, regression testing, and formal qualification testing in an agile software development environment.
• Document software problems and verify fixes.
• Design, develop, and maintain software test plans, software test cases, software test procedures, and automated software tests in compliance with program functional, technical, and performance requirements.
• Work with the lead test engineer and a team of software developers to establish and develop test methods and techniques.
• Troubleshoot and modify test tools and test scripts.
• Generate software test data, perform test data analysis, and develop test documentation.
• Participate in formal software inspection process, customer meetings, and user events.
• Provide support to customer testers during acceptance testing, including test procedure walkthroughs, documentation of testing issues and test results, and answering questions on system functionality.
• Typical Minimum Education / Experience: 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD. Degree must be in Computer Science, Engineering, or related STEM field
• US Citizenship is required with an Active DoD Secret Clearance adjudicated within the last 5 years.
• Experience with generating software test plans, test cases, and test procedures.
• Experience with test execution, test analysis, and troubleshooting.
• Ability to function in multi-disciplinary, team-oriented environment with frequent customer contact.
• Familiarity with agile software development.
• Experience with MS Windows applications and proficient in the use of MS Office software.
• Strong interpersonal, listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Active Top Secret Clearance.
• Experience with US DoD mission planning.
• Experience with Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) Framework (FW).
• Experience working with agile software development teams.
• Experience with one or more automated test tools, such as TestComplete and Zephyr.
• Experience with collaboration and development tools, such as Microsoft Visio, TeamForge, JIRA, and Confluence.
• Experience with one or more automated IA test tools, such as Fortify.
• Experience with security architectures, firewalls and network security controls.
• Current DoD 8570 IAT II Certification (Security , CEH, etc.).
• Working knowledge of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems procedures and practices.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Software Test Engineer 4
Requisition ID: 18007683