Northrop Grumman Software Engineer in Melbourne, Florida
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Position is located in Melbourne, Florida.
This role supports an operational program environment by developing new capabilities, testing, troubleshooting, and resolving problems/anomalies through participation in agile teams.
Support full lifecycle design, implementation, and unit testing of software
Responsible for learning all facets of the software design, development, and integration life cycle for software. This includes analysis of change requests and requirements for a new software support capabilities, software, COTS/GOTS integration, implementation of software using C++, python scripts, and other programming tools.
This position offers an opportunity to learn the technology stack through self-guided study and mentorship from senior engineers on the program. There are opportunities to solve exciting and technically challenging issues contributing to the design of the overall system.
Opportunities for cross-team collaboration with various sub teams to integrate functionality with other IPTs
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
• Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with 2-years of software engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in (STEM) from an accredited university.
• Experience developing software/writing code in C/C++ and/or other OOP languages
• At minimum, an active DoD Interim Secret clearance is required to apply and to start on Day 1, with the ability to obtain and maintain a full DoD Secret level clearance and program access (PAR) within a reasonable amount of time as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
• Experience with the Atlassian tool suite with add-ons such as JIRA, Git, and Confluence
• Experience with the Agile software development process
• Bachelors or Master's degree specifically in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
• Experience in Ada
• Software test planning for embedded systems
• Experience working with supplier side software, and multiple software baselines
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering