Northrop Grumman Senior Staff Software Engineer in Melbourne, Florida
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is seeking a Senior Staff Software Engineer for t he Common Open Mission System Architecture (COMSA) group in an Agile software development environment. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with several Integrated Product Teams between programs. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The candidate filling this role exhibits ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness while applying advanced technologies, scientific theories and concepts. The successful candidate will perform as a software architect to technically interface between programs on issues concerning; software development, hardware/software compatibility, system test status, and other facets of the SDLC. He/she will collaborate with program engineers to gain group consensus and covey approvals to customer technical representatives & leadership. In addition, the candidate will act independently to uncover and resolve issues with delivered implementation, adaptation, and overall performance of target software.
• Primary customer interface for software build release concerns/issues
• Collaborative POC between program process entities on build releases (i.e. Solution Train Engineer, Test & Demo Team, DevSecOps, etc.)
• Provide continuity across product suite for release planning and capability alignment
• Maintain metrics on critical path progress and milestone completions
• Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) related discipline and 14+ years of engineering experience , or a Masters' degree in (STEM) with 12+ years of experience, or a PHD in (STEM) with 9+ years of experience
• Experience with C/C++, JAVA, or Python
• Experience with Agile Development
• This position requires an active DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance prior to commencement of employment with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering