At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is seeking Principal/Sr Principal Engineer System Architects that will utilize Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) practices to support the Systems Engineering Integration (SEI) Integrated Product Team (IPT) for cross-IPT collaboration and future program capture within the APEX Division. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
As a Principal/Sr Principal Engineer System Architect, the candidate will develop system architectures and define key capabilities and performance requirements. The individual will define design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer specifications, develop thorough definition of system external interfaces and define system implementation approach and operational concept. The candidate will ensure requirements are met and evaluate performance with customer. This individual will be part of the Longshot team. The successful candidate will have the ability to analyze architectures and develop various DODAF or SysML Viewpoints in support of this effort.
• Define system architectures
• Architecture, CONOPS, and use case development using model-based systems engineering methodologies
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Execution of trade studies to select from among multiple potential solutions
• Perform Systems Requirements analysis
• Management of requirements, include decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation
Basic Qualifications :
• Principal Engineer System Architect - Bachelors in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 5 years engineering related experience, OR Master's in STEM with 3 years of experience, OR PhD in STEM with 0 years of experience.
• Sr. Principal Engineer System Architect - Bachelors in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 9 years engineering related experience, OR Master's in STEM with 7 years of experience, OR PhD in STEM with 4 years of experience.
• Must have an a ctive U.S. Government DoD Secret security clearance , or higher
Preferred Qualifications :
• Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Systems Engineering, with experience using Model Based Systems Engineering
• Foundation in Model Based Systems Engineering and Architecture Development
• Applied knowledge of aircraft design
• Experience in the military aerospace development environment is preferred.
• Experience with Cameo Magic Draw or another MBSE tool such as Rhapsody, Sparx EA, and Enterprise Architect.
• Experienced developing various DODAF view artifacts, especially Operational and functional viewpoints, using MBSE tools like CAMEO.
Salary Range: $90,400 - $135,600
Salary Range 2: $112,000 - $168,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs