Northrop Grumman Principal Engineer Software in Melbourne, Florida
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Software Engineer tojoin our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida
The COMSA Test and Demonstration group is seeking a software test engineer for system integration and testing support in an Agile Software development environment. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with several multidisciplinary Integrated Product Teams. Candidate must be able to design and implement python based automated tests scripts for system level requirements and contribute to the design and implementation of new test frameworks.
Responsibilities will also include:
• Reviewing, interpreting and analyzing formal and informal requirements
• Creating Test Plans and Procedures that acknowledge technical and schedule constraints
• Executing Test Procedures to ensure requirements compliance
• Support development, integration, and execution of test pass/fail quantitative metrics
• Perform troubleshooting as required
• Documenting test results and creating test reports as needed
• Writing Defects and Software discrepancies
Bachelors Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline and 5+ years' software engineering experience OR Masters in STEM and 3+ Years Software Engineering experience
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
Experience in object oriented programming
Experience testing system level requirements
• Should be familiar with writing python based test scripts
• Should be familiar with Atlassian tool suite with add-ons like Jira and confluence
• Should be familiar with Agile SW development process
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering