Northrop Grumman Mass Properties Engineer 3 in Melbourne, Florida
Mass Properties Engineer 3
Requisition ID: 18005059
Location(s): United States-Florida-Melbourne
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
This position performs mass properties functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, and mass properties requirements allocation studies to translate customer, product or derived mass properties requirements into hardware and software specification requirements. Analyzes, researches and tests system hardware and conditions for optimal mass properties system solutions compared to requirements. Tools utilized may include solid modeling tools, database tools and standard office applications.
This individual will contribute to the Mass Properties team supporting the achievement of program requirements. Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting and mentoring a team of Mass Properties Engineers
• Developing and implementing a Mass Properties Management and Control Program
• Acting as the Cost Account Manager – establishing, managing & reporting manpower, forecast & budget variances
• Accurate estimating and optimizing of mass properties to achieve vehicle performance and fulfill weight based program metrics
• Establishing specification and design target weights
• Maintaining accounting and reporting systems to inform the customer and management of current and projected mass properties trends
• Providing mass properties data for cost analyses and vehicle design and analysis
• Evaluating subcontractor proposals, interacting with and overseeing subcontractor mass properties management and control
• Reviewing drawings to achieve mass properties management and control
• Measuring vehicle and/or component mass properties
• Providing operational flight manual mass properties data
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Aerospace Mass Properties Engineer or Master’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years’ experience in Aerospace Mass Properties Engineer.
• DOD Secret Clearance with background investigation within the past 5 year. Must be able to obtain access to Special Access programs
• Demonstrate strong people, organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
• Self-starter, willing to take initiative, be proactive, and require minimal direction.
•Experience using Siemens NX 10 and higher / Teamcenter PLM software
• Aircraft Weight and Balance Certification
• Automated Weight and Balance System (AWBS) experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visitwww.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Mass Properties Engineer 3
Requisition ID: 18005059