Northrop Grumman Engineering Manager 2 - System Information and SW Management Lead in Melbourne, Florida
Northrop Grumman's Aeronautics Systems sector has an opening for a System Information and Software Manager 2 (supporting DevStar Factory)to join our Strike Division team of qualified, diverse individuals. Position is located in Melbourne, Florida . This position will be a direct report on the program to the Program System Engineering Director and will be responsible for managing cost, schedule & technical performance for System Information and Software Management activities on Strike efforts. The group provides support for Agile and DevOps activities; executes process improvement activities; implements and runs engineering metrics; provides software assurance assessments; establishes, develops, and improves the Software Development environment for the program.
Managing budgets required to perform multiple statements of work
Leading team performance across multiple concurrent projects, budgets and schedules
Supporting the Agile and Dev*Ops implementation across the organization
Facilitation and promotion of Affordability, Knowledge Management, Engineering Utilization, and other process improvement initiatives including the implementation and monitoring of metrics covering engineering efficiency and quality, as well as sharing of lessons learned and best practices throughout the organization
SW Assurance planning and execution
SW Development Environment Administration (Atlassian Tool Suite)
Tool & License Acquisition and Maintenance through the software lifecycle
Software Process Development & Maintenance
Engineering Metric development & maintenance in support of DevOps, SW, LabOps, and System Test
As a key leader, the role will require technical understanding and root cause analysis skills with successful performance in bringing broader cross-discipline systems thinking to problem solving. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to apply leadership characteristics to achieve sustainable top performance, a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Requires the ability to balance programmatic needs to deliver results within cost, schedule, quality and cyber parameters while encouraging and rewarding innovative behaviors through all levels of the organization. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement and performance through mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and leading diverse teams. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in influencing the direction of technology discriminators, including identifying and championing change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. Enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. Treat all people with respect, modeling personal growth and continuous development. Know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. Develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. Deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
At Northrop Grumman, we are on the cutting edge of innovation-- building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
• Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university 9-years of professional and/or military experience OR a Master's Degree in (STEM) with 7-years of professional and/or military experience OR a PhD Degree in (STEM) with 5-years professional and/or military experience
• Experience managing or leading technical teams
• A thorough understanding of the SW Development Lifecycle and Agile development
• Active DoD Secret or Top Secret level security clearance
• Ability to attain and maintain Special Program Access (PAR) within a reasonable amount of time as determined by business needs.
• Experience with personnel management, staffing and team building
• Current Special Program Access (PAR)
• Large Scale Military Aircraft System/Software Development experience.
• Understanding of the Atlassian Tool Suite
• Formal Cost Account Management (CAM) experience
• Understanding of System Security Engineering and Software Assurance including Static, Dynamic and Fuzz Testing Concepts
• Experience managing a program in the aerospace industry with EVMS requirements
• Working Knowledge of Dev Ops Metrics development and the Tableau tool
• Experience with Software Development Environments and Tools and the Tool Acquisition Process
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering