At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems and STRIKE program has an opening for a Section Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Test and Evaluation (T&E) Organization. This leadership role is located in Melbourne, Florida.
The Section Manager will be working closely with the Department Manager to implement department initiatives. You will manage a dynamic team of 10 to 18 engineers supporting system test throughout multiple programs across the Melbourne campus. This role is just for the 20% functional work and the selected candidate will need to retain their current SoW for the other 80%.
Support the annual salary review and promotion process.
Mentor and develop the next generation of technical and project leadership.
Improve and enforce engineering processes and procedures.
Maintain Team's staffing by conducting interviews and selecting the best candidate for the job.
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement, and respond vigorously to change.
Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline AND 9 years of related professional/military experience, OR a Master's degree AND 7 years of related professional/military experience.
Must have a current DoD Secret level security clearance (or higher) and ability to maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance
Must have ability to obtain and maintain Program Access (PAR) within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
Master Degree in Engineering, Engineering Management or MBA
Extensive knowledge of SIT&E processes, procedures and work instructions required to support both management and engineering tasks at the Melbourne site
Current DoD Top Secret/SCI level security clearance
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Current STRIKE Program SoW
Salary Range: $127,700 - $191,500
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.