Northrop Grumman Database Architect in Melbourne, Florida
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies.
Join us on the edge.... the Cutting Edge!
Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services organization is seeking a Database Architect in Melbourne, FL. This position can be hired at the Principal Level if the candidate's experience and education justify it.
The selected candidate will be expected to design, model, document, and guide the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications. He/she will analyze needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems, and develop technical, structural, and organizational specifications.
The selected DBA will provide SQL Server and/or Oracle database support for business application systems. This individual will apply and develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Work is performed without appreciable direction and exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
Additionally, the DBA may create standards and/or do modeling to monitor and enhance capacity and performance.
Primary duties include:
• Perform database maintenance tasks to support application changes and ensure integrity and efficient performance of the databases. (Typical maintenance tasks include backup, recovery, migration, space management, structural changes, and performance tuning)
• Participate in the research and resolution of database problems.
• Research and install DBMS software packages.
• Document and improve work processes.
• Provide thorough coordination with customers, application developers, customers, and other IT groups.
Analytical tasks include but are not limited to:
• Implement and maintain smooth operation and physical design of databases.
• Conduct performance tuning of indexes and databases in general.
• Review database design and integration of systems, provide backup recovery and make recommendation regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
• Maintain security and integrity controls.
• Formulate policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitor transaction activity and utilization.
• Develop stored procedures and/or triggers
Job Category : Information Technology