Northrop Grumman Programmer Analyst 2 in McLean, Virginia
Programmer Analyst 2
Requisition ID: 17027527
Location(s): United States-Virginia-McLean
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Programmer Analyst 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Department of State Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program. This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA’s customers, including passport and visa application; adjudication and issuance; emergency and non-emergency citizen services; crisis; and other consular services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Builds and codes applications and/or modules using languages such as C , visual basic, ABAP, JAVA, XTML, etc.
• Assist Applications Engineer and Applications Programmer to interpret software requirements and design specifications to code, and integrate and test software components.
• Provides patches and upgrades to existing systems.
• Prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
• May build add-on modules using application program language.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and 2 years’ experience.
• Understanding of one or more of the following: C , visual basic, ABAP, JAVA, XTML.
• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical ideas to audiences with varied technical backgrounds. Demonstrated experience crafting and coordinating official correspondences
• Excellent administrative/organizational abilities.
• Must be a US citizen and hold a Top Secret clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Experience researching new technology for inclusion/use on customer programs
• Prior work experience in a fast-paced, variable environment.
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Programmer Analyst 2
Requisition ID: 17027527