Northrop Grumman Expert Application Software Developer 5 - TS Clearance in McLean, Virginia
Expert Application Software Developer 5 - TS Clearance
Requisition ID: 18002109
Location(s): United States-Virginia-McLean
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
• Conduct requirements gathering and analysis to scope the development effort.
• Design, develop, test, implement, maintain, and document software applications.
• Participate in the change management process.
• Produce and maintain software/change documentation.
• Interface and work closely with other CS&C components and stakeholders.
• Enhance software to cope with newly discovered faults and requirements.
• Work with the training POCs to coordinate training necessitated by new technology insertions.
• Conduct training on the applications as determined by the customer.
• Assist in compliance evaluations to maintain certifications and accreditations.
• Support and conduct presentations and briefings as required.
• Provide software integration with new and legacy systems.
• Facilitate the identification and documentation of innovative technologies and technology requirements.
• Conduct analysis of operational gaps and provide technical recommendations.
• Participate in troubleshooting/diagnostic efforts to replicate problems and test solutions.
• Assist with developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures.
• Identify and propose software development technology, process improvements and best practices for implementation.
• Mentor a team of software engineers to ensure software quality and implementation of software engineering best practices.
This position is located in McLean, VA.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 14 years of experience, Master’s Degree and a minimum of 12 years of experience, or a PhD and a minimum of 9 years of experience.
• Active Top Secret Clearance with ability to obtain and maintain a DHS SCI and EOD.
• Experience with Java and/or C/C /C# development.
• Relational database experience (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, MariaDB, MongoDB, NOSQL DBs, etc.).
• Experience with scripting (such as bash, perl, python, and other scripting tools/language) development.
• Ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects, deadlines and responsibilities.
• Familiarity with VMWare, RedHat, and CentOS.
• Experience with data analytics and big data technologies.
• Experience performing software engineering in an Agile environment.
• Enjoy working in a multifunctional technical environment, sharing and collaborating with team members.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Expert Application Software Developer 5 - TS Clearance
Requisition ID: 18002109