Northrop Grumman Pricing & Estimating Manager 3 in Magna, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Propulsion Systems is looking for a Pricing and Estimating Manager to join the Business Management Team in Magna, UT.
Lead matrixed teams of pricing and proposal professionals in managing cross-functional and task assignment, resource allocation, prioritization, and completion dates with indirect reporting relationships.
Serve in multidimensional role as leader of matrixed team with indirect reporting relationships, and working team member responsible for supporting pricing and proposal compliance. Activities include, but not limited to: developing reviewing and troubleshooting pricing reports and outputs, preparing commitment review slides with financial content, configuring application changes and updates, performing compliance reviews, and other reoccurring or ad-hoc analyses.
Lead, direct, develop, enhance and validate all estimating tools, processes and techniques for Business Unit to ensure compliance with FAR, DFARS and Company policies and procedures. Be responsible for and successfully maintain approved status of Propulsion Systems estimating system as approved business system in accordance with FAR and DFARS requirements.
Successfully communicate and coordinate with proposal process stakeholders to influence organizational elements to contribute to compliant proposals and estimating processes. Drive and support professional development for pricing and estimating functions within the Business Unit.
Communicate effectively within the team, and with internal and external customers for pricing production support as well as related processes, tools, rates and factors.
Coordinate effectively with all other team members and internal process owners, including, but not limited to, pricing, material estimating, finance cost volume leads, program finance, contracts, program offices, business development and proposal teams.
Support various ad-hoc requests and analyses in support of the Business Unit, Division, Sector and Corporation.
Negotiate expected due dates when appropriate, and manage tasks to planned completion schedules.
Manage processes and documentation for application setups and maintenance.
Perform and lead cross-training for estimating, pricing, proposal compliance reviews, and application setup and maintenance.
Demonstrate commitment to tools and techniques that support teaming in the professional work space including, but not limited to, documentation, cross-training, resource coordination, reducing challenges posed by single points of failure, assigning and tracking backup roles, knowledge sharing, succession planning, and strong version control so that processes can be assumed or resumed by others with minimal rework.
Role requires strong commitment to elevating team capability and focus on methods to improve or ensure handoffs occur as seamlessly as possible.
This role requires an ability to serve as an organizational change agent by driving the sharing of knowledge possessed by self and held collectively by all team members and across the organization, through communication, documentation, assessing skill sets, and leveraging feedback regarding efficacy of knowledge transfer.
This role requires an ability to drive complex assignments to completion through individual as well as team efforts.
This role requires strong capability in developing and reinforcing a process-centric operating and controls environment through various tools and techniques resident within the team, and acquired from new sources through commitment to continuous improvement.
Candidate will be expected to
• Provide valuable review, insight, and positions to Business Management, and Program leadership above and beyond simple reporting.
• Exhibit a high degree of flexibility on fast changing, fast growing, and high visibility program(s).
• Serve as lead interface with applicable customers, subcontractors and auditors (internal and external).
• Develop and motivate a productive staff in a team environment with excellent interpersonal, planning, presentation and organizational skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance/Business with a minimum of 15 years applicable experience
• Understanding of DoD contracts, government Cost Accounting Standards, Commercial contracts, and the FAR/DFAR
• Proven professional track record, ability to collaborate in a team environment, and demonstrated managerial leadership skills
• Proven ability to develop and retain talent
• Ability to obtain/maintain a Secret level security clearance
• Proficient in Costpoint, and ProPricer applications
• Comfortable networking and interfacing with employees of other organizations and at higher levels of leadership within NGSS, and NGC
• Prior experience with Launch and Missile Defense Business Units, or other NGC Divisions and Sectors a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Business Management