Northrop Grumman Mgr Supply Chain Programs 1 in Magna, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Propulsion Systems is the world's top producer of solid rocket propulsion systems, a leading provider of small and micro-satellites, satellite components and subsystems, missile defense and strategic missile propulsion, a leading producer of lightweight space deployable and solar arrays. The firm is dedicated to being pioneers heading the front of technology and space program expansion and values driven individuals committed to the same vision.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Propulsion Systems, is recruiting for a Manager, Supply Chain Programs who will primarily be responsible for managing subcontract and material requirements to support capital, facility, and numerous indirect purchasing projects.
• Act as the liaison between operations and supply chain management to manage procurement and subcontract activities for facility, maintenance, and capital requirements
• Develop and maintain forecast for capital requirements in order to provide leadership guidance in developing sourcing strategies in all phases of the business acquisition process through project execution
• Assist in managing day to day urgent material requirements that can be required to support facility and maintenance
• Oversee execution of material project plans including managing schedule, budgets, make/buy plans, and sourcing strategies specific to facility and maintenance
• Responsible to ensure execution of material budgets, forecasting, and schedule performance
• Evaluate and assist in inventory management of indirect materials and critical facility spares
• Briefs facility and maintenance and supply chain leadership on the status of issues and execution of subcontracts related to facility and maintenance projects
• Develop and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure objectives are met for facility and maintenance projects on plant
• Identifies opportunities to reduce cost and improve efficiency
• Oversee and manage risk associated with issues affecting execution and necessary corrective actions
• Work cohesively with leaders in other disciplines such as engineering, operations, and facility and maintenance personnel to manage material performance and ensure delivery of hardware to support production needs including regular urgent needs
Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience
10+ years' experience in purchasing, operations, project management, sales, contracts, or related field
Prior experience leading a team, project, or process; ability to mentor and motivate others to meet complex objectives
Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate feedback in a manner that fosters collaboration, trust, and builds positive relationships
Ability to work in an integrated team environment and influence change
Skilled and comfortable communicating and interfacing with high level leadership
Skill set and ability to work through others to influence change and drive objectives
Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Master of Business Administration
Capability to read technical drawings and documents
Experience supporting a large manufacturing plant and sound technical background for related requirements
Experience implementing and executing sourcing plans and working in a fast paced environment
Knowledge and experience working with MRP/ERP systems
Knowledge and experience in government contracting requirements and regulations (e.g. FAR, DFARS, ITAR, etc.)
Ability to communicate complex technical information internal customers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain