At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently looking for a Rocket Casing Robotic Spray Engineering Technician to work at our Magna, Utah location.
Description & Responsibilities:
As a Spray Liner Engineering Technician, you will prepare, maintain, and operator PLC's to control the robotic spraying of resins, explosive powder and final liner materials inside of rocket motor chambers while following detailed work instructions. Technician will work closely with process engineering referring to product drawings/blueprints. Additionally, chosen candidate will be trained to certify as a Level I Thermography Inspector.
• Perform pre-operational robot checkouts.
• Mask equipment to protect it from materials being applied.
• Monitor material parameters during processing to verify requirements.
• Cleaning and rebuilding spray gun assemblies.
• Stewardship of the Spray Lance Robots and related facilities.
• Operator PLC's during charging, spraying, and flushing of the robotic operations.
• Perform visual inspection of the final liner application.
• Maintain SPC data tracking during spraying operations and accurately calculate weights to determine correct material application inside cases.
• Perform thermography, infrared color scale inspections, on chambers to validate cork to case bonding integrity.
• Coordination of spraying operations with multiple sup port organizations.
• Track daily execution performance to budgets.
• Accountability and control of explosive powder.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Competencies for Success:
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong problem-solving ability.
• Willingness to meet customer needs.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence.
• High energy, results oriented, self-motivated/self-reliant, team player.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
• Must comply with company policies and procedures and be willing to work in a defined TEAM environment.
• Experience/ Working knowledge of instrumentation/testing work instructions, drawings, materials, and equipment.
• Experience working with energetics a Big Plus
• Proficient with computer applications, such as Word, Access, Excel, etc.
• Ability to review and interpret work instructions, designs and drawings, with tooling and end item processes and products.
• Prefer Associates Degree in a related discipline, related special certifications may also be considered.
• 4 years of related work experience.
• Prefer experience include up to 1 year of operating a robot in a production environment.
Salary Range: $48,800 - $81,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs