Northrop Grumman Staff Software Engineer in Linthicum, Maryland
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSS) is seeking an experienced DevOps Software Engineer to support our space programs. The DevOps Software Engineer will be a member of the Engineering-Eastern Region homeroom. Our Engineering team provides the skills and innovative technologies to design, develop, produce and sustain program and product lines across the space and ground systems domain while delivering a decisive advantage to our customer's missions. This position will be located in Linthicum, MD or Fairfax, VA.
The DevOps Software Engineers' responsibility includes design, development and deployment of system infrastructure and services to support continuous development, integration and operations for space mission domain software including tasking and processing capabilities. The Engineer will have a combined understanding of systems security and infrastructure as code to enable provisioning and maintenance of secure automated environments to support all stages of the software system DevOps lifecycle.
Responsibilities may include:
• Devise solutions to complex problems and work with minimal direction or oversight.
• Understand how tasks fit within the overall objectives of the program and must perform work in accordance with these objectives.
• Engage with company leadership, external business partners, and customers, as required to communicate technical information regarding the program.
•Collaborate with engineers, project managers, users, and InfoSec stakeholders to determine current/future needs/requirements.
• Develop and deliver engineering roadmaps to insert innovative modernization solution to existing systems, i.e., leverage innovation to decrease solution costs;
• Conduct trade studies and analysis of new products to provide technology in the design and implementation of advanced solutions in AWS Cloud;
• Participant as a key contributor on the architectural committee as needed;
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to program engineers and stakeholders
You will support work in a dynamic environment by working independently with minimal guidance, managing obligations with direct and supporting new customer engagements in unclassified/classified environments.
• 14 Years with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
Active Top Secret clearance with Polygraph and the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance.
• Proven experience with variety of programming/scripting languages such as, Python, PowerShell, bash.
• Proven experience developing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using tools such as, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform combined with distributed Configuration Management.
• Demonstrated experience designing, developing, testing, validating, and maintaining solutions in the AWS Cloud Platform.
• Experience installing, configuring, patching, IA/Security hardening and tuning, and monitoring of enterprise-level variants of Windows and/or Linux systems.
• AWS Solutions Architect Certification (Pro or Associate) or equivalent from a Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP).
• CompTIA Security+ Certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IATII or III
• Understanding of ICD 503 policy and controls and ability to design and deploy compliant solutions.
• Experience working with federal government and their IT governance processes.
• Experience outlining strategic growth plans and the implementation of new and modern technology solutions.
• Full Scope Polygraph (FSP)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering