Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Linux/Windows Systems Administrator in Linthicum, Maryland
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career. Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Linux/Windows Systems Administrator lead to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Redondo Beach, CA or Linthicum, MD area. Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Perform as a lead Linux/Windows System Administrator for an enterprise classified network working in a hybrid on-prem and cloud infrastructure environment.
• Manage and maintain secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Linux & Windows servers and workstations.
• Support a hyperconverged Nutanix based infrastructure.
• Install, harden, and patch both Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Develop and document technical procedures.
• Partition disks, create logical volumes, create file systems, and mount file systems in Linux environments.
• Read, modify, and create shell script and scripts in various other languages.
• Understand basic LDAP and DNS concepts and be able to query these services for information and troubleshoot issues in Linux environments.
• Learn new technologies on own and work effectively independently, while still coordinating actions as required.
• Install and configure COTS software, and perform configuration and maintenance in Linux environments.
• Interact with and successfully utilize boards-of-approval to maintain required security controls and configuration management.
• Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as requested, and produce presentations and recommendations.
• Occasional travel to customer or other Northrop Grumman sites in support of troubleshooting, testing, and deployment activities.
• Lead actions with peer system administrators, network administrators, security teams, software and hardware engineers.
• Associate's degree and 11 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience, or Master's degree and 7 years of experience; 13 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
• U.S. citizenship.
• Active DoD Top Secret clearance.
• Ability to maintain an active clearance.
• Ability to be cleared to special access programs.
• Current Security+ CE or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
• Experience managing Redhat Linux server environment.
• Experience designing and architecting Redhat Linux server environments, including but not limited to Satellite Server.
• Experience managing Windows Server OS.
• Experience with designing Windows domain architectures, including but not limited to Active Directory, GPOs, Policies, and permissions.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in IS related field.
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
• Redhat System Administration certification(s).
• AWS Cloud Systems Administration and/or Cloud Architect certification(s).
• Experience with NAS storage device (preferably NetApp) administration.
• Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities; experience hardening Redhat systems per RMF and STIGs.
• Identity Management (Single Sign-On) experience.
• VMware and ESXi (6.x or higher) configuration and management experience.
• Experience with host-based firewall implementations and configuration (Redhat "iptables").
• Experience building custom "rpm" software packages for Redhat platforms.
• Experience building and maintaining Nutanix hyperconverged infrastructure.
• Experience working with a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
• Windows 7/10 administration experience; Windows Server 2012/2016 experience; Group Policies (GPOs) experience; Active Directory management experience.
• Solid writing skills and use of Sharepoint sites for documentation.
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
• Currently active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Experience performing operations in an Agile framework.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology