Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Linux/VMware Systems Administrator in Linthicum, Maryland
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you will discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in Linthicum, MD. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Managing and maintaining secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Linux servers and virtualized environments.
• Supporting bare-metal and virtual machines; coordinating actions with peer system administrators, network administrators, security teams, software teams, and hardware engineers; devising, recommending, and implementing performance-enhancement, reliability-enhancement, and automation solutions.
• Installing, hardening, and patching Linux operating systems.
• Troubleshooting end-user issues.
• Developing and documenting technical procedures.
• Primary system administration duties reside in classified environments; proto-typing, testing, and proof-of-concept work is done in an unclassified environment when possible.
The selected candidate will:
• Be proficient working from a command-line environment.
• Be able to partition disks, create logical volumes, create file systems, and mount file systems in Linux environments.
• Read, modify, and create shell script and scripts in various other languages.
• Understand basic LDAP and DNS concepts and be able to query these services for information and troubleshoot issues in Linux environments.
• Learn new technologies on own and work effectively independently, while still coordinating actions as required.
• Install and configure COTS software, and perform configuration and maintenance in Linux environments.
• Interact with and successfully utilize boards-of-approval to maintain required security controls and configuration management.
• Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as requested, and produce presentations and recommendations.
• Be able to build complex VMware environments and have experience with ESXi, Vsphere, Horizon View, Vmotion, VCenter and VDI's.
• Have a solid understanding of SAN's and there interaction with virtual environments.
• Associate's degree and 11 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience, or Master's degree and 7 years of experience; a High School diploma or equivalent and 13 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
• U.S. citizenship.
• Currently active Top Secret/SCI security clearance; additionally, selected candidate will be required to obtain a CI polygraph. Counterintelligence CI-Scope Polygraph required or candidate must agree to submit and successfully complete a CI-Scope Polygraph examination as a condition to attain or retain access to special program(s).
• Ability to maintain required security clearance.
• Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP, or similar DOD 8570 security certification; otherwise an ability to obtain certification within 6 months as a condition of continued employment. Certification must be maintained as a condition of continued employment. Additional contract changes may expedite the 6 month window.
• Ability to be cleared to special access programs.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
• Linux experience.
• VMware experience.
• Redhat System Administration certification(s).
• Experience with NAS storage device (preferably NetApp) administration (ONTAP 8.x or higher ; CDOT).
• Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include all commonly-used RAID-levels.
• Redhat Satellite Server (version 5 and version 6) configuration and usage experience.
• Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities.
• Experience hardening Redhat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs.
• Identity Management (Single Sign-On) experience.
• VMware and ESXi (6.x or higher) configuration and management experience.
• Experience with host-based firewall implementations and configuration (Redhat "iptables").
• Experience building custom "rpm" software packages for Red Hat platforms.
• Windows (7, 10) administration experience.
• Windows Server 2008/2012 experience.
• Group Policies (GPOs) experience.
• Active Directory management experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology