Northrop Grumman Quality Manager 3 in Linthicum, Maryland
Quality Manager 3
Requisition ID: 18003700
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Linthicum
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
The Drive For Excellence (DFX) Supplier Quality Manager will have a critical role in defining the strategy and rolling out a program to our supply base to reduce and eliminate defects delivered to Northrop Grumman Mission Systems. This position will manage a team to implement processes to accomplish these goals across multiple programs and define strategies that will be applicable across multiple campuses.
The DFX Supplier Quality Manager will report up to the Airborne C4ISR Supplier Quality Manager, but may have reach across to multiple divisions in rolling out a robust DFX plan to our suppliers.
As a key leader, partner and essential member of the program team, the position provides strategic thought leadership, collaborative solutions and influences process and outcomes. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success leading program teams, interfacing with customers or suppliers, controlling cost and schedule while achieving a high level of employee engagement. The position requires a solution based orientation, unwavering ethics and values, and the demonstrated ability to be a trusted partner. Candidates must demonstrate a proven track record of solving complex problems through systematic and objective evaluation of information and data resulting in effective communication, championing, and implementation of change with a diverse set of internal and external customers and suppliers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Maintains and oversees supplier performance data mining, analysis, reporting and projects created based on information/data collected.
• Represents Supplier Quality during DFX project action / status reviews (with the customer, DFX project work teams, and internal executive management).
• Oversees the development and implementation of a Supplier DFX campaign, and all other actions in support of the monitoring and management efforts required to drive to and sustain a zero defect environment and culture.
• Establishes strong business relationships across all client groups and provides support and status updates at Global Quality Council meetings.
• Advocate and implement continuous improvement opportunities, providing leadership and guidance in identifying and executing tasks to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of program performance.
• Interface with the Internal DFX team to support a comprehensive DFX strategy and execution.
• Fosters a collaborative culture that sustains the momentum around employee engagement and inclusion, affordability, innovation, value growth, and continuous improvement.
• Provides clear assignments and helps employees connect their efforts to the bigger picture, creates an inclusive work environment characterized by mutual respect and the valuing of differences, and builds a culture that motivates employees to their highest levels of performance.
• Assess talent needs, selects and develops a diverse workforce.
Bachelor's Degree in an engineering, technical, business, operations, manufacturing, supply chain or other related discipline
5 years of leadership experience in disciplines such as quality, program management, supply chain, engineering and manufacturing
Demonstrated understanding of the program / product lifecycle in the areas of supply chain management, continuous improvement, and root cause analysis, as they apply to quality.
U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret clearance
Familiarity with ISO 9001 / AS9100 Quality Management System certification process.
Master’s degree in an engineering or management field.
Defense Industry experience as a Program or Project Manager, Quality Manager, Supplier Quality Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Engineering Manager or Manufacturing Management
Lean / Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification to drive continuous improvement.
Demonstrated ability to apply strong analytical skills.
Current, active Secret Clearance, or higher or ability to acquire a Department of Defense Top Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Quality Manager 3
Requisition ID: 18003700