Northrop Grumman Principal Windows Systems Administrator in Linthicum, Maryland
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you will discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals. Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Perform as Windows System Administrator on large classified government contracts.
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral formats.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Support multiple networks; ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
• Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
• Prepare security documentation for Cyber Security team.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
• Associate's degree and 7 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience, or Master's degree and 3 years of experience; a High School diploma or equivalent and 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
• U.S. citizenship.
• Currently active Top Secret/SCI security clearance; additionally, selected candidate will be required to obtain a CI polygraph. Counterintelligence CI-Scope Polygraph required or candidate must agree to submit and successfully complete a CI-Scope Polygraph examination as a condition to attain or retain access to special program(s).
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain access to program as a condition of continued employment.
• Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP, or similar DOD 8570 security certification; otherwise an ability to obtain certification within 6 months as a condition of continued employment. Certification must be maintained as a condition of continued employment. Additional contract changes may expedite the 6 month window.
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment.
• Windows Operating Systems support experience.
• PC hardware repair experience.
• Ability to support tier 2 and 3 helpdesk tickets.
• Knowledge of intergrading lab equipment with workstations.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
• Travel may be required.
• Microsoft Certification for current versions.
• Working knowledge of Cisco switches.
• Knowledge of Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions.
• Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
• Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar IAT III level certification or obtain within 6 months of hire date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology