Northrop Grumman Principal Engineer Quality - Second Shift in Linthicum, Maryland
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Quality is a core value at Northrop Grumman and a cornerstone of our company's success. We are steadfast in our commitment to our technologies, processes, services, and projects. By accepting that "Quality is Personal," our employees acknowledge the impact our actions have on the missions of our global customers. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Principal Quality Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the Baltimore Center of Excellence (CoE) factory quality operations based in Linthicum, Maryland. The qualified applicant will provide Quality Engineering support for our 2nd shift manufacturing operations for both the Mechanical Design and Fabrication and Assembly cell areas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Reviews and evaluates non-conforming material for compliance to drawings, specifications, and standards
• Provides in-person engineering support for the inspection organization
• Operates successfully in an off-shift atmosphere, with limited real-time support from other functional stakeholders
• Engages in production floor activities - including monitoring manufacturing processes and performing quality assessments and audits
• Coordinates frequently with 1st shift team to ensure successful off-shift operations
• Solves problems by relentlessly pursuing root cause and driving for effective solutions
• Uses LEAN concepts and Six Sigma tools as aides to problem resolution
• Maintains and continuously develops technical knowledge in quality engineering, specifications/standards, drawing interpretation, measurement and analysis methods, processes and products, relevant technologies, and problem solving methodology
• Assists with the training of new personnel and participates in the design of training materials
• Has a working knowledge of MS Office Applications
Bachelor's Degree in a related STEM discipline
5+ years of relevant work experience (or 3 years with a Master's Degree)
Ability to work 2nd shift
Experience evaluating electrical, mechanical, and/or electro-mechanical systems for compliance to drawings, specifications, and standards
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance. US Citizenship required.
Master's degree in Engineering
Experience working in an IPC J-STD-001 and/or IPC-A-610 environment
Experience working in an electronics manufacturing environment
Certifications in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies
Computer Skills: Python, SQL
Experience with CAD Software applications
Experience utilizing PCDMIS and inspecting product on CMM's
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering