Northrop Grumman Multidisciplinary Engineering Tools Architect in Linthicum, Maryland
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Working in Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services organization means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in.
The Engineering Environment Development & Support (EEDS) organization is seeking a Multidisciplinary Tools Support Engineer to join our team of talented and diverse group dedicated to support and innovate in the area of Computer Aided Design & Engineering (CAD/CAE). This position is located in Linthicum, MD, and can be hired as a Principal (T03) or Sr. Principal Engineer (T04), depending upon the individuals experience and education .
The Multidisciplinary Tools Support Engineer will be involved in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design and/or product line engineers in the design, development, and utilization of software to model a representation of components, modules, or complete products for various applications. The candidate should be self-motivated and detail-oriented with experience working with Mechanical and Electrical CAD simulation and analysis tools.
• Determine user needs and advise on characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements
• Research and collaborate with engineers in the utilization of mechanical/electrical product and process simulation software to simulate the characteristics and parameters of products under operating environment
• Research capabilities of different tool suites and make recommendations
• Provide technical support to application users, working with subject matter experts as needed
• Perform tool interoperability and integration testing
• Perform client/network installation and configuration of applications
• Design and develop utility programs and scripts for automation and deployment
• Prepare user instructions and document processes
• Provide basic applications and workflow training to users as needed
• Support Sector/Corporate Digital Transformation initiatives/goals
Basic Qualifications for a Principal (T03 Level)
• Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience; 3 years with a Master's degree
• Fundamental understanding of mechanics for structural, thermal and CFD analysis
• Experience with CAD systems like NX, SolidWorks or Creo to create 3D models
• Experience with any, and/or all of these 3D Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools for structural, thermal and CFD analysis, including (but not limited to):
o ANSYS Mechanical
o ANSYS Fluent
o ANSYS Icepak
o Autodesk CFD
o STAR-CCM o CFD+ o Simcenter 3D Structural/Thermal
• Demonstrated understanding of electronics for schematics reviews
• Proven experience working in Linux environment
• Computer skills, including writing batch files and Linux shell scripts; familiarity with registry and environment variables
Basic Qualifications for a Sr. Principal (T04 Level) requires the demonstrated experience above, and at least 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree, or 7 years of experience with a Master's degree.
• Extensive experience with such tools as ANSYS Mechanical, Icepak, Fluent, Nastran, SINDA, Thermal Desktop, Patran, Simcenter 3D, FEMAP, Matlab, etc.
• Experience with MetaGraphics, Keysight ADS, ANSYS HFSS, etc.
• Experience with Simulation Process Data Management applications like Teamcenter TC4Sim, ANSYS Minerva, Aras SPDM, etc.
• Experience with Model-Based Engineering tools as Cameo and DOORS; familiarity with SySML and/or UML
• Experience with Agile/collaborative tools as Jira and Confluence
• .NET programming experience
• NX Open experience
• Python programming experience
• Experience with providing technical support in an engineering environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering