Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 3 in Linthicum, Maryland
Northrop Grumman, Mission Systems is looking for multiple Manager, Programs Level 3 to lead capture activities, in the support of Air Dominance activities. The primary objective of this position will be to provide strategic execution and leadership of large scale competitive proposals for new Mission Systems business. This will include the capture of new business through customer relationship building, program shaping, and proposal execution and delivery. Other responsibilities include investment planning and execution.
The Air Dominance and Strike Business Unit is currently pursuing several new business opportunities servicing multiple end customers and primes. These positions will lead ongoing capture efforts including generation of quick turn around proposals, requests for information, and rough order of magnitude estimates with content across multiple BUs and Divisions. These positions will build customer intimacy and shape current and future opportunities to increase Pwin for Northrop Grumman. These positions may transition to execution of programs upon capture.
Capture Managers are responsible for leading all the capture to include strategy generation and proposal development and submittal through any negotiations and award. Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Develop customer relationships and cultivate customer intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify cost effective solutions for customers
• Development and delivery of presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
• Develop new business opportunities through capture planning and proposal development
• Knowledge and execution of a variety of proposal and contract types (FFP, CPFF, etc...)
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
• Negotiation and establishment of schedule milestones, payment, and other key contract terms and conditions.
• Adherence to all internal processes for Program Management and Proposal Development
• Addressing workforce planning needs, as needed
Program and/or Proposal Management experience leading high performing teams.
• Demonstrated ability to execute tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements
• Demonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal
• Demonstrated knowledge of proposal development
• Secret security clearance, or higher level clearance, within 5 years of last investigation date
• Ability to be cleared for a SAP
• The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs.
• The ability to identify and address program impacts through a systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program.
• The ability to identify, orchestrate, coordinate and controls the management activities and processes that integrate program interdependencies throughout their life cycle to achieve successful program planning and estimation.
• The ability to define, document, analyze, trace, prioritize, and confirm requirements throughout the entire program life cycle and understand impacts on program bids.
• The ability to establish program plans and evaluate risk and opportunity.
• Consistently makes time to seek and incorporate input from customers and understand their expectations. Demonstrates commitment and energy to meet customer needs. Builds strong relationships with strategic partners and key suppliers. Guides program team and support functions on how to take action to satisfy customer expectations.
• Bachelor's Degree in electrical, mechanical, Systems or software engineering and 10 years', or Master's and 8 years' experience supporting Government contracts and/or project management in radars systems
• Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver large scale proposals
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management