Northrop Grumman Director, Contract Administrator 1 in Linthicum, Maryland
At Northrop Grumman, our values support our ability to deliver on our shared purposes. Seeking a leader who leads with innovation, strategic thought, doing the right thing, does what is promised and is committed to shared success, then we encourage your candidacy for our Director of Contracts (D1) position. This position will be the lead for the Contracts team supporting the F-35 Business Unit located in Linthicum, Maryland. The candidate select will be a direct report to the Director of Contracts for the Airborne Multifunction Systems Division.
The F-35 BU Contracts Director (D1) will provide contractual and strategy leadership, as well as manage all contract administration efforts for the F-35 Business Unit. The Director of Contracts is responsible for a wide range of activities to include implementing all contracts policies and ensuring knowledge development of the Contract team. The BU has a varied portfolio of Development, Production and Sustainment contracts of various types. This position requires regular interaction with executive management at the Business Unit, Division, Sector and Corporate levels, plus the customer base. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to: lead an engaging team with a challenging portfolio of contract different contract types, develop highly effective customer relations (both internal and external stakeholders), possess excellent problem solving, communication and organizational skills in a fast paced environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
• Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline with minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience to include: in-depth understanding of Government acquisition policies, regulations and proposal compliance requirements.
• Strong technical contracts background to include proposal development and negotiation skills
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, etc.
• Ability to mentor and train management members
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lead meetings with government regulatory organizations
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Some travel required.
• DoD Secret Security Clearance
• Experience leading teams, including cross-functional/cross-organization teams.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to make recommendations and provide guidance to effectively bring projects to completion.
• Active Security Clearance
• Production environment experience
• 4 years management/supervisory experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Contracts And Pricing