Northrop Grumman Contract Administrator 3 /4 in Linthicum, Maryland
Contract Administrator 3 /4
Requisition ID: 18002073
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Linthicum
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector, Land & Avionics C4ISR Division seeks a Contracts Administrator 3 or 4 tojoin its Longbow team.
The Contract Administrator 3/4 will act as the primary interface with customers and business partners in conducting
proposal preparation, contract negotiation and contract administration, and serves a key role for our dynamic and fast
paced business area, interfacing with key internal and external stakeholders and interacting with a Joint Venture partner.
In addition, the Contract Administrator acts as the official focal point of contact for customer communication and takes a
lead role in strategic relationship development – managing contracts with the United States Government, Foreign Military
Sales (FMS) transactions, and Direct Commercial Sales (DCS). Specifically, this position performs the following:
- Supports pre and post-award contract administration activities, including active change management
- Advises on contractual and business related issues
- Identifies and mitigates risks
- Negotiates favorable contract terms and conditions
- Plans and executes successful negotiations
- Collaborates across functions to assist the business area in achieving its strategic financial objectives.
- Liaises with customers, providing proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance USG regulations, company
policies, legal requirements & customer specifications
- Provides proposal strategy and coordination - non-disclosure, teaming, and bailment agreements
- Protects proprietary information and maintains official records
- Compiles and analyzes data for key NGMS performance metrics.
This requisition may be filled at either a band 3 or band 4 level depending on the skills, education and qualifications of the
Band 3 - Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 6 years of contracts and/or business mgmt.. experience; 4 years of
contracts and/or business mgmt experience with a Master’s degree or J.D.
Band 4- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of contracts and/or business mgmt. experience; 8 years of
contracts and/or business mgmt. with a Masters or JD.
Candidates for either level must also possess the following:
- Successful experience in handling complex contracts with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to problems utilizing proactive concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Strong working knowledge of acquisition regulations
- Experience with all contract types including firm fixed price, cost type, and time and material contracts
- Leadership qualities with the ability to provide sound advice on a wide range of contractual and business related matters.
- Demonstrated professional working experience with excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
-Demonstrated previous experience working with international contracts
-Secret level security clearance
-Working knowledge of import/export
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Contract Administrator 3 /4
Requisition ID: 18002073