Northrop Grumman ASIC/DSP Architect 5 in Linthicum, Maryland
ASIC/DSP Architect 5
Requisition ID: 18005903
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Linthicum
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is searching for an Architect for next generation DSP, SoC and Mixed SignalASIC solutions in support of future RF sensor systems, EO/IR sensor systems, processing systems and other emergingbusiness areas for our nation’s next generation security and defense platforms.
This person will have a technology leadership position that will span multiple roles:
- Providing direction and oversight to internal and external design teams supporting semiconductor process selection, IPselection, chip development and verification, physical design, packaging and software
- Working with internal program management to develop realistic estimates for development cost, risk and schedule foradvanced DSP, SoCs and Mixed-Signal ASICs
- Develop architectures within existing organizational constraints for SoCs and mixed-signal ASICs
- Working with interdisciplinary teams to develop a system architecture and allocating functionality to system componentssuch as SoCs, mixed-signal ASICs, RF ICs and FPGAs
- Architecting and modeling Digital Signal Processing algorithms and systems targeting ASIC and FPGA implementation
- Implement DSP algorithms in Matlab/Python or other higher level languages
- Perform trade studies to optimize aspects of system performance such as dynamic range, power, etc.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating requirements and directing designers
- Further define, drive, and streamline overall ASIC process using commercial world practices
- Define and drive the overall SoC, Mixed-Signal ASIC, IP and system architecture requirements for Interface andPeripheral IP-Work with and provide direction to the Chip and IP verification teams to develop, review, and approve pre- and postsiliconvalidation/test plans
- Work with the Physical Design, Packaging, and Board design teams to evaluate floor plan and packaging/IOimplementation options and associated tradeoffs
- Work with System, Software, RF, Security, and Platform architects to define the overall architecture to meet the productrequirements
- Monitor and participate in the development of industry standards
- HS/GED Diploma required along with at least 18 years of professional experience in related industry; OR an Associates Degree along with at least 16 years of professional experience in related industry; OR a Bachelor's Degree along with 14 years of professional experience in related industry.
- US Citizenship required, with the ability to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance
- Experience in and strong background in: Digital Signal Processing systems such as: Digital Receivers, Direct DigitalWaveform Generation and Software Defined Radio implemented ASIC and FPGAs
- A solid understanding of both ASIC and FPGA design flows
- Experience architecting and developing advanced verification solutions for ASICS and FPGA from initial verificationplanning, verification architecture and development of verification environments.
- BS Degree in STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) along with at least 14 years of professional
experience in related industry
- ACTIVE US Security Clearance at Secret level or higher
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: ASIC/DSP Architect 5
Requisition ID: 18005903