Northrop Grumman Administrative Assistant 4 in Linthicum, Maryland
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Administrative Assistant 4 to perform normal office functions such as setting up and maintaining files; interviewing callers and making proper referrals; arranging meetings and conferences; and receiving, referring, or answering mail. Reviews drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage; answers questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures. Gathers, compiles and reports on information relevant to supervisors assignment. May take and transcribe dictation.
This posistion also perfroms the functions of the SureCal Administrator, responsible for creating quotes and working with external SureCal customers. Duties will include working with the Program Manager for SureCal and working with the contracts department.
Note: The additional level 4 is associated to the position of Admin Assistant to the VP.
· High School Diploma and 4 years additional education and/or 6 years relevant experience
· Intermediate use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· Experience with travel booking and expense report tools (Concur or similar)
· Experience with purchasing tools (iBuy, SAP, or similar)
· Prior experience managing calendars and coordinating meetings/events
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
· Experience in an Program Manager/Director level administrative assistant position
· Typing proficiency at least 50 WPM
· Working knowledge of Northrop Grumman policies and procedures
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Administrative Services