Northrop Grumman P-3 SCA Avionics Tech 3 / Secret / Interim Secret in Lake Charles, Louisiana
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman is seeking experienced personnel with P-3 aircraft background to support a contingent maintenance program with Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in Jacksonville, FL. The CBP P-3 fleet consists of Airborne Early Warning (AEW) and Long Range Tracker (LRT) high-endurance, all-weather, tactical turbo-prop aircraft. The AEW aircraft are utilized primarily for long-range patrols along the entire U.S. border, and in source and transit zone countries. The LRT aircraft are used to intercept, track airborne and surface threats in source and transit zone countries. The P-3 aircraft are equipped with state-of-the-art, highly sophisticated sensor equipment, i.e., radar, electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) detecting systems.
Are you ready to put your experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, we want you to join our team as a P-3 Avionics Technicians 3. These positions are located in Lake Charles, LA with detachments within and outside the United States.
We are looking for Avionics techs with essential problem-solving skills to diagnosing circuit and component malfunctions correctly. You will use your superior manual dexterity to assemble parts, wires and components. The work also requires physical agility, good balance, the ability to climb ladders and the strength to lift heavy loads. Technicians must be keen observers to recognize subtle signs of malfunction, and they need an orientation to detail to make precision adjustments. Candidates must be able to communicate with other technicians and work well on a team. The job also requires the ability to write clear and accurate technical reports.
FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Install, adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering irons.
Test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes, or voltmeters to determine equipment or systems operation problems.
Install and adjust equipment replacement parts to ensure optimal performance.
Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
Lay out installation of aircraft assemblies and systems, following documentation such as blueprints, manuals, and wiring diagrams.
Interpret and analyze flight test and performance data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
Coordinate work with engineers, technicians, and other aircraft maintenance personnel.
Develop, document and maintain equipment or component configurations.
Prepare required documents and drawings and maintain all files for material delivery sites and prepare efficient work schedule.
Performs other duties as assigned.
1. A two year college/vocational degree with aircraft avionics specialty OR documented military classroom avionics training AND a minimum of 5 years of documented aircraft avionics experience; An additional 2 yrs of direct relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
2. Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
3. Ability to work any assigned shift and detachment duties as required
4. Knowledge of and ability to administer a 100% tool accountability and control program
5. Attention to detail and problem solving skills
6. Ability to handle sensitive information in a classified manner
7. Ability to obtain a Secret level security clearance
8. Ability to successfully complete a DHS CBP Background Investigation prior to starting.
1. P-3 aircraft avionics experience with state-of-the-art, highly sophisticated radar and sensor equipment
2. Experience with APS-145 radar, electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) detecting systems.
3. Familiarity with the Naval Aviation Maintenance Programs (NAMP) or equivalent
4. Avionics Degree in related field.
5. Familiarity with the Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP) or equivalent
6. A current Secret or higher clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Non-CJCS